Mental Health Support Worker
|Job Title:||Mental Health Support Worker|
|Salary:||£22,749 per year|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Mental Health Support Worker for our client who runs a 5 bed supported living accommodation in Greenwich.
The clients service users have a variety of needs such as depression to primarily paranoid schizophrenia and may have dual diagnosis including substance abuse. They are looking for Support Workers to help our customers feel at home and supported. Their mental health accommodation schemes benefit from a high quality, homely living environment.
Most of the clients services have specialist therapeutic input and colleagues have access to specialised mental health training delivered by MH professionals. All of their services provide regular reflective practice spaces to our colleagues to formulate complex cases and find constructive ways forward. They believe in providing care and support to our clients that will enable them to make informed decisions about their life that will increase their sense of wellbeing: this might be greater independence, better coping strategies or a richer network and sense of self achievement.
You will be required to work 37.5 per week
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Key working
- Encouraging customers to participate in social inclusion activities
- Being there to empower and teach/show how to cook, maintain personal hygiene, budget, doing laundry etc
- Participating in activities that promote independent living, and providing access to training, education and work
- Carrying out assessment to identify and prioritize the customers needs.
- Providing a comprehensive support planning service to customers in line with the department’s policies, procedures and approach.
- Setting up and maintaining customer files and ensure that accurate and up to date records are kept of support provided to customers
- Liaising closely with the Housing Management Team to identify problems with Housing Benefit payments, review rent collection and address other tenancy-related, in accommodation based service
- Support officers may be required to travel into the community to accompany and support customers to appointments and social inclusion activities. Other travel may required in support of day to day scheme management, travel to sister sites and in relation to training and personal development. Staff members are able to submit travel expenses claims incurred for these type of activities for reimbursement.
- Posses experience within a support living environment
- Have an understanding, knowledge or experience around Mental Health and different diagnosis
- Be empathetic and non-judgemental
- Have Support Officer / Support Assistant experience (minimum 1 year preferred)
- Enhanced DBS
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Housing Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.20 per hour
Enablement Support Worker
Salary: £13 - 16 per hour
Residential Support Worker
Salary: £13 - 17 per hour
Supported Living Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.20 per hour
Supported Housing Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.50 per hour