Newly Qualified Social Worker | Adults Assessment Team | Kirklees
We require an experienced Social Worker to work within Adults Assessment Team based in Kirklees. To be successful for this role, you are required to have experience of working within an Adults Services team.
As a member of a team, the jobholder is responsible for the holistic assessment of individuals and their carers’ needs, arranging and/or delivering services to meet these needs and reassessing needs as appropriate. The jobholder will be responsible for the day to day management of those cases for which they are the named worker. Social Workers will intervene with legal and procedural authority to protect vulnerable people at risk of abuse or neglect; to help individuals, families and groups to sustain and develop their capacities for independent living and in complex situations to try to prevent or resolve conflict which may place individuals at risk.
The experienced social worker will be required to:
- To provide information to individuals and their carers about all services for which they may be eligible.
- To undertake assessment of individuals and their carer’s needs, dealing in particular with the more complex cases presented, and undertaking risk assessments i.e. high risk of breakdown, including Adult Protection significant issues such as substance abuse, severe mental health problems and who present danger to self or others.
- To formulate a plan in consultation with the individual and their carers, which will meet their assessed needs, within the priorities and eligibility criteria of the Council, ensuring that individuals and carers are actively involved, which will maintain their personal dignity and independence.
- To identify wherever reasonably practicable, health and safety issues that may place individuals or groups at risk to ensure these are recorded and brought to the attention of staff responsible for the delivery of services.
- Within timescales determined by legal and procedural requirements and/or agreed with the individual or group, review the effectiveness of the planned intervention.
- To keep the Team Manager or their Deputy informed of progress in each case and to highlight areas of difficulty through formal supervision processes.
- To obtain the advice and agreement of the Team Manager or their Deputy on assessment, care plans, reviews, transfers, legal interventions and proposals to end involvement with the user.
- To ensure through liaison with internal colleagues and external agencies that a co-ordinated service is provided.
- To participate in any meetings necessary and convene and chair these meetings when required.
- To act as a key worker in named cases when required to do so.
- To consult with the Team Manager and other managers as required by legal, policy and procedural guidelines so that a Personal Financial Assessment can be undertaken.
- To carry out legal proceedings where required to do so.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Be competent with care 1st recording system
Salary is £16 per hour.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Care professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- One on one specialist Social Work consultant care based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Billy F on 0208 514 9139.