Occupational Therapist - Adult Social Care
|Job Title:||Occupational Therapist - Adult Social Care|
|Salary:||£24.72 - 24.72 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
We are currently looking for a Occupational Therapist (Adult Social Care) to work with one of our clients based in Wembley. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift times may vary
Pay rate paying up to £24.72ph
- To provide a specialist Occupational Therapy assessment and Adult Social Care service provision for Brent adult residents with substantial physical disabilities in accordance with relevant legislation and department eligibility criteria. In conjunction with the service user formulate a plan to enhance their independence through provision of equipment or through home adaptations. The needs of the carer are also to be carefully considered, assessed and where eligible addressed.
- To directly manage in accordance with department procedures a caseload of service users as allocated by the Deputy Team Manager and or Team Manager.
- To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments and reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties, taking into account the needs of carers and other family members.
- To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations that will meet the service users needs and give instructions on use of the equipment to both user and carers.
- To prepare and revise care plans in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
- To keep accurate records and case notes of all work carried out, using the department’s policy, procedure and standards on case work recording.
- To ensure confidentiality of service users’ information.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met throughout the implementation of any work plan.
Knowledge/ Qualifications/ Experience
- Degree /Diploma from the College of Occupational Therapist or equivalent and OT registered with the Health Care Professionals council
- Evidence of knowledge and understanding of relevant Social Care legislative and policy framework including tests to determine eligibility for services
- Knowledge of the needs of elderly people, people with physical disbilities
- Experience of working with older people and adults with physical disabilities; older people with dementia and mental health needs; adults with learning disbilities
- Experience of undertaking comprehensive OT assessments and in particular those in relation to moving and handling and or major adaptations
- Experience of leading or participating in the delivery of training for OT Students and other staff involved in the provision of care services
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available