Occupational Therapist | Adults/Phys Dis/Sensory Impairment Team | Rhondda Cynon Taff
Recruitment Services require an experienced Qualified Social Workers/Occupational Therapists to work within an OT Adults Team based within Rhondda Cynon Taff. The Successful Occupational Therapists will be required to have a minimum of 3 years recent QSW experience of working within an Adults Team.
What you will do:
- To ensure the provision of effective, efficient personal care services according to agreed performance standards.
- Specialist occupational therapy assessment and intervention for disabled children and adults in accordance with the City Council’s assessment and care management arrangements and prioritising need in the context of Putting People First.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To accept referrals and make visits to service users in their own homes and elsewhere.
- To carry out a full assessment of the needs of disabled people and their carers, including equipment and adaptations needs, transfer techniques and social needs incorporating full consideration of the risks involved.
- To provide information and explanation of the City Council criteria and service-users right of appeal through the Complaints Procedure.
- To obtain, deliver and demonstrate safe use of equipment to service users and carers following assessment. Making best use of resources to ensure equipment is installed within agreed timescales
- To recommend adaptations and ensure that the installation meets the needs of the service-user.
- To maintain a record of all action taken including visits, equipment issued and adaptations recommended.
- To liaise with the Housing Technical Officers and contractor representatives visiting jointly where required.
- To co-operate, liaise and refer to other services where appropriate in Communities, Housing Department, Health Service and the Independent sector.
- To carry out joint visits with other personnel from Health and Community services where necessary.
- To liaise with the Housing Directorate’s Medical Rehousing team and carry out checks on the suitability of property for disabled people.
- To offer advice, counseling and support to service-users and their carers including advice on welfare rights.
- To contribute to project management work to facilitate and promote positive outcomes from Housing Initiatives.
- To adhere to the Code of Practice of the Health Professions Council, maintain annual registration and ensure continuing professional development.
- All duties and responsibilities should be carried out in accordance with the City Council Policies and Procedures including Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
What you will need:
- Have a relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Occupational Therapy Qualification
- Ability to assess the needs of adults and children with physical and sensory disabilities
- Be HCPC Registered
- Have an enhanced DBS
- Have 2 Years’ Minimum Experience
Salary is £27.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Luke Mathurin on 0208 514 9134.