Outbreak Control Officer - Merton
|Job Title:||Outbreak Control Officer - Merton|
|Salary:||£28.07 - 28.07 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Amber Debens|
|Job Published:||21 days ago|
Outbreak Control Officer - Merton
Salary: £ 28.07 Per Hour
Full Time (35 hours per week)
This post is to support the outbreak control & business recovery work across the three boroughs of Merton, Richmond & Wandsworth. Not essential that candidates have an environmental health qualification but must have experience of infection control/ outbreak control or Covid-19 enforcement activities.
- To be lead officer in a specialist area, identify priorities and manage specific projects within the team as necessary, monitor performance against work programme targets and provide regular reports on progress to the Team Manager. Ensuring that service delivery objectives are met within agreed timescales
- Maintain a high level of technical and legislative knowledge in the relevant subject area, advising on new and emerging issues impacting on the service and the preparation and implementation of annual work and/or service programmes
- To ensure that services are delivered to a consistent and professional standard and in accordance with national and divisional guidance and Council procedures
- Support review and transformation processes across the shared service ensuring that they are fit for purpose and support the operational model for the Tri Borough Regulatory Services Partnership – to include improved efficiency and effectiveness as well as maintaining an agreed quality of service.
- Undertake enforcement action including preparation of case files, conducting case reviews, issuing cautions and attending court as necessary. Assist others with contentious and demanding issues within their area of expertise.
- Assist in the production of statutory returns, respond to requests for information from Government & internal departments, other statutory bodies, internal and external auditors and to relevant Freedom of Information requests.
- Act as point of contact for members of the public and businesses including, but not limited to, complaints, enquiries and information management on their area of expertise as required by their Team Manager.
- Ensure that communication and information technology systems and information is accurately recorded and stored in accordance with data protection requirements and Council policies and procedures and to ensure relevant information on the Council’s websites is updated as required.
- To develop and maintain effective partnership working with external and internal agencies & officers, providing advice in relation to matters within the specialist functional area and drafting bids for external funding where requested.
- Administer licensing schemes and grant programmes in accordance with statutory and local time frames, agreed procedures and within agreed budgets.
- Assist with developing, training and mentoring staff.
- Identify and deliver individual training and development needs having regard to the Councils learning and development programmes and policies and supervise and mentor professional trainees.
- Work with the Team Managers to develop the service to trade as a commercial entity and to seek additional opportunities for income generation.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Amber Debens 0208 514 9148
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's