Paediatric Occupational Therapist - Newham
|Job Title:||Paediatric Occupational Therapist - Newham|
|Contact Name:||Kasey Sanders|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Paediatric Occupational Therapist – Newham
Are you a passionate, dedicated, Experienced Paediatric Occupational Therapist looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting Paediatric Occupational Therapist’s to work with a Children in a special school Services in and around Newham.
Pay Rate: £28.00 - £34.82 per hour.
What you will be doing:
The Paediatric Health Occupational Therapy service is based in Chessington and is funded by the NHS.
The Local Authority provide a co-ordinated Occupational Therapy service for children and young people with significant disability and complex health needs aged 0 to 18 years.
The team provides a service to Early Years children, mainstream schools and special schools to support children and young people who have significant functional difficulties in the areas of self-care skills use of tools and equipment, mobility and posture due to a complex, severe or enduring physical and or developmental condition which significantly affects ability to achieve potential in terms of activities of daily living.
As an advanced specialist paediatric Occupational Therapist (OT) you will be an experienced, autonomous practitioner who is able to work in a range of settings to provide a high quality paediatric occupational therapy service.
You will have experience of working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to support children and young people’s occupational therapy needs and you will be experienced in providing specialist advice to other disciplines.
You will carry a specialist caseload of children and young people with a variety of complex physical, learning and social needs and be responsible for writing reports for EHCP and MDT assessments/reviews.
- Must have a valid Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration
- Excellent knowledge, skills, and experience with assessing for and making recommendations for children with developmental and disability needs.
- Experience with working in a multi professional team and undertaking Occupational Therapy assessments on child and family-based principles, setting goals collaboratively with child and family within home or school context, assess and review OT as part of current EHC Plan in mainstream as well as special schools.
- Understanding of the legal SEND reforms and SEN code of practice and what it means for Health.
- Experienced with managing, planning, prioritising, and progressing school-based caseload as part of EHCP assessment and intervention process.
- Experience and knowledge of assessing for developmental and school-based level difficulties and skills, assessing for Occupational Therapy needs as part of Educational Health and Care assessment and on-going intervention, recommending simple and complex equipment in school settings as required, reviewing their effectiveness, and teaching safe use of key therapeutic skills using an occupational coaching framework, and to comply with relevant legislation, policy and guidelines on SEND reforms. Excellent knowledge and skills in children's occupational therapy, with both community and school-based interventions. Ability to work autonomously, prioritise and plan own workload. Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary setting.
What we offer:
- We will offer you Excellent & Competitive Rates of Pay, Organised Local Interviews and Free Uniform.
- Flexible hours
- Access to the 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
- You will have a Passionate Dedicated Consultant helping you find the shifts you are looking for with a Contactable 24-hour Support for any out of Hour queries.
- When registering you will be going through our efficient Compliance Service.
- Free Occupational Health Fitness to Work Certificate
We also offer an outstanding referral scheme for any Nurse friends or colleagues.
If you are a Paediatric Occupational Therapist (OT) and would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to The Care Team Or email on, Careteam@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available