Parking & Licencing Officer - Lambeth
|Job Title:||Parking & Licencing Officer - Lambeth|
|Salary:||£16 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Parking & Licencing Officer – Lambeth (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £16.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
The post holder will be responsible for the evaluation and approval of all statutory permissions to park on kerbside space, suspend parking, or to licence the use of the highway. They will minimise fraudulent use of valuable parking/highway space by checking customer eligibility and validating requests. The Post holder will make sure that a highly professional customer experience is delivered at all times.
- To consider and validate all applications for parking permits, making sure that all requests are assessed and approved in accordance with parking policies and procedures.
- To adopt a proactive approach to making sure that Lambeth only issues permits to genuine residents/businesses/staff to prevent permit fraud by reporting all suspected fraudulent applications to the relevant officers.
- To consider and approve applications to suspend kerbside parking space, liaising with the Council’s contractors to ensure that information on suspension requirements is given to the on-street Suspension Officers accurately and timely and that suspensions are installed and removed in line with approved timelines.
- To investigate and authorise the removal of abandoned vehicles in line with the Council’s statutory duties and policies.
- To deal with requests for land searches
- To manage requests to place structures/items on the highway including skips, scaffolding and table and chairs licencing.
- To manage applications for road closures and parking suspensions to facilitate filming, play streets, street parties and other events.
- To securely maintain and control stock of parking permits and coordinate delivery of stock to customer centres as and when required
- To assist with the supervision and training of new and inexperienced staff, providing support and sharing knowledge when required.
- To keep abreast of changes and developments in parking related issues. Participate in local software development and assist with the training of less experienced staff in use of computer software applications.
- To actively participate in lessons learned forums to make sure that the team learns from issues that arise and takes immediate action to improve.
- To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
- To take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld. This includes, amongst others; Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
- To take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available