Part Time Shift Leader - Unaccompanied Asylum-seeking Children- Cranbrook
|Job Title:||Part Time Shift Leader - Unaccompanied Asylum-seeking Children- Cranbrook|
|Salary:||Rates are dependant of shift type|
|Contact Name:||Kasey Sanders|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
Shift Leader - Unaccompanied Asylum-seeking Children- Cranbrook
Are you a passionate, dedicated Shift Leader looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting for Shift Leaders to work with Unaccompanied Asylum-seeking Children Unit in the Cranbrook area.
Pay Rate: £17:00 - £23.00per hour
Information On The Service: (Job Description Available)
These are a group of units that houses unaccompanied asylum seeking children, the staffing ratio per young people is 1:6, meaning that when the Unit is at full capacity (19 beds) we would have 1 Shift Leader and 3 Centre Workers in that building.
When the unit is at full capacity (9 beds) we would have 2 Centre Workers in that building (in radio communication with the Shift Leader and other buildings).
When the Medium Unit is at full capacity (15-20 beds) we will need 3 Centre Workers in that building (again in radio communication with the Shift Leader and other buildings) At night there needs to be 1 night staff in each building.
The Medium Unit is not due to be in operation until the 12/07/20 and the number of residents can vary week on week due to the unpredictable nature of new arrivals and other local authorities offering accommodation and support for some of our young people.
Final note that all staff must drive due to the location of the venue.
- To lead a staff group of Centre Workers to support the young people residing at the unit attend all their appointments, learn independent living skills and engage in activities to help them learn English and feel happy and safe. In doing so Shift Leaders will make sure young people are ready to move to independent accommodation within 8 weeks of arrival.
- Complete a handover meeting at the start of every shift so all Centre Workers understand what tasks need to be completed, by who and when, during the shift. Shift Leaders to take responsibility for making sure that Centre Workers complete their assigned tasks and escalate to the Centre Manager if this is not done. Complete feedback forms on Centre Worker performance and submit these to the Centre Manager on a monthly basis.
- Complete an Essential Information Record for every new arrival to unit and make sure this is clear, accurate and available for review by Social Workers and Managers.
- Ensure young people attend all their appointments and Centre Workers complete reports for these appointments on the same day.
- YOU MUST BE A CAR DRIVER
- Educated to GCSE level in English and Math.
- Diploma Level 3 in childcare or equivalent.
- 2 years’ Experience of working with Children or young people in a residential setting.
- Experience of leading a small staff team on shift.
- Experience of working with unaccompanied asylum-seeking children is desirable.
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent or NVQ Level 3 Caring for Children and Young People
What we offer:
- We will offer you Excellent & Competitive Rates of Pay, Organised Local Interviews and Free Uniform.
- Flexible hours
- Access to the 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
- You will have a Passionate Dedicated Consultant helping you find the shifts you are looking for with a Contactable 24-hour Support for any out of Hour queries.
- When registering you will be going through our efficient Compliance Service.
- Free Occupational Health Fitness to Work Certificate
We also offer an outstanding referral scheme for any Nurse friends or colleagues.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are an Shift Leader and would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to The Care Team Or email on, Careteam@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available