Passenger Service Coordinator – Camden
Salary: £17 - £21ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly customer focused Passenger Service Coordinators to work in the busy Camden Transport Team. You will be expected to oversee, plan and develop the delivery of transport services to a diverse range of customers within the borough of Camden.
The role will also require you to deliver services to set timescales in accordance with relevant service levels agreements and to ensure a high quality customer focus service at all times.
All Passenger Services Coordinators will focus on performance management and staff supervision to ensure the service is constantly adapting to address the demands of our customers.
The successful candidate’s will have experience supervising in a fast paced community based operational environment and confident in managing a large field based group of people in front facing roles. You will posses good working knowledge of the application of transport legislation in planning and delivering transport operations with the ability to deliver customer focued services to meet the varied needs of customers.
You will also have proven experience in analysing and presenting complex data in easy to understand reports with the ability to adapt services accordingly to improve the delivery of transport and/or logistics operations. Ideally, educated to NVQ Level 3 or ILM level 3 equivalent in a management qualification or proven extensive experience in the management and supervision of a large work force.
You will also hold a CPC in Passanger Transport along with a D class driving licience.
Ability to cascade and deliver training to staff regarding 0 licience legislation and compliance.
These positions will involve rotational shifts between 0700 – 1730 and out of hours hours on call as required however you may be asked to work different hours in accordance with the terms and conditions of employment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will require an Enhanced DBS.
To ensure services are delivered on time, efficiently and in accordance with relevant service levels, ensure high quality and customer focus at all times. To oversee, plan and develop the delivery of transport services to a range of customers. The co-ordinators focus is performance management and staff supervision ensuring that the service is constantly adapting to address the demands of our customers.
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
- To monitor all activity continuously to identify any risks in service delivery and ensure
- That we have the right processes in place to ensure we wort in a Right First Time
- To be energetic and passionate about getting our passengers to their destinations safely at the right time, in comfort and adding value to their experiences.
- Ensuring that passengers are safe at all times by implementing effective systems which promote a safeguarding culture.
- To communicate and work with a reassurance / confirmation approach to customer service, ensuring all parties know exactly what is happening and when.
- To develop an information culture where all data is made public to any interested parties and customer expectations are set. Where there is any deviation to the planned delivery updates are made available quickly.
- Service delivery is monitored and where any service failure is likely contingencies are put in place, when things go wrong lessons are learnt and shared and new systems designed to prevent repeated poor performance.
- Direct reports are effectively managed and understand their contribution to the organisation, appropriate feedback is given and organisational direction cascaded.
People Management Responsibilities:
- To line manage up to 30 drivers and up to 20 passenger assistants including regular monitoring, performance management and development
- To work closely with a large team to provide support and feedback.
- The co-ordinators reflect Camden behaviours and echo the values of the service
- The co-ordinators have strong relationships with all of our customers at commissioner, service provider / centre level and additionally engage with clients at forums and to obtain feedback about performance.
- Suppliers are seen as an extension of the organisation and Coordinators work with them to build effective and successful relationships.
- The Coordinators are supportive and approachable and the field staff feel part of the Council at every level due to regular, reliable and consistent management.
The role is largely office based however time is spent out in the operating environment on vehicles and at centres / schools regularly, in order to properly appraise the service delivery and the strengths and weaknesses of the systems in place, as well as to listen to customer’s experiences.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Must hold a Certificate of Professional Competance (Passenger Transport)
- Must hold a catorgary D driving licence entitlement
- A comprehensive knowledge of the needs of vulnerable members of our community including children with special educational needs, adults with learning difficulties, older people and dementia care, in a safeguarding environment
- Understanding of and the utilisation of software applications relevant to a logistics environment including routing and scheduling and resource management
- Strong people management experience and the ability to demonstrate a range of skills required to effectively manage a diverse workforce
- The capability and ability to work in a fast changing environment making decisions under pressure
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 02085149176