Payment Officer - Islington
|Job Title:||Payment Officer - Islington|
|Salary:||£20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Payment Officer – Islington (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £20.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To support Business Support in the efficient and effective provision of a comprehensive finance function, including all aspects of ledger maintenance, control and reporting, in accordance with statutory requirements and the Council’s policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for raising payments in respect of support and accommodation for Islington’s Children’s looked after population. To ensure payments are accurate and timely and that any resulting issues are dealt with in an appropriate and acceptable manner.
- To be responsible for ensuring income due to Islington from other local authorities, in respect of cross-consortium placements. is collected.
- To be responsible for assisting with the development, maintenance and review of effective systems for budget monitoring, control, reconciliation and reporting in conjunction with operational managers, to continuously improve departmental systems in line with financial best practice.
- To be responsible for assisting with reviewing and improving the development of local commitment monitoring financial and activity systems used by operational managers to ensure consistency, effective reconciliation and financial best practice.
- To be responsible for assisting with effective joint working with external organisations and customers, to ensure appropriate procedures and processes for setting, monitoring and reviewing the financial arrangements.
- To be responsible for assisting with the efficient and timely completion of specific tasks within the annual closing of accounts process, including the preparation and submission of grant claims and the on-going maintenance, reconciliation and review of the accounts for specific areas of responsibility.
- To be responsible for assisting with the preparation, analysis and provision of accurate financial and management information to be included in statutory returns and reports, in line with statutory requirements and the Council’s policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for assisting with contributing to the wide range of service plans and reviews in line with the Council’s policies and procedures, in order to achieve value for money.
- To be responsible for assisting with the review and update of all documentation, policies and procedures and compliance with statutory requirements, in line with professional standards and the Council’s policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for supporting effective liaison with Government departments and statutory agencies such as the Home Office, to maximise income due to the Council.
- To be responsible for acting on behalf of the Council, ensuring the provision of expert advice and guidance to all levels of staff, which is appropriate, accurate and timely, verbal and written, in relation to all aspects of the finance function, in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures and to promote awareness of good financial practice and control.
- To be responsible for supporting effective liaison with external and internal audit, including the efficient filing and retention of documentation, maintaining appropriate audit trails for subsequent retrieval as and when required.
- To be responsible for assisting with the efficient preparation and production of timely and accurate routine and ad-hoc management information, in relation to all aspects of the finance function, as required by the Payments Manager.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Access Islington Advisor - Islington
Salary: £19 per hour
Service Facilitator - Islington
Salary: £19 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Uxbridge
Salary: £20 per hour
Accountancy Officer - Worcester
Salary: £14 per hour
Revenues Officer - Esher
Salary: £30 per hour