Payroll Administrator - Northumberland
|Job Title:||Payroll Administrator - Northumberland|
|Salary:||£10 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Nanayaw Kyeremeh|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Payroll Administrator – Northumberland
Full-Time (37 hours)
Skills and Abilities:
To prepare, input and process data to ensure the accurate payment of salaries and wages in accordance with agreed timescales and defined procedures.
Your Main Priorities
1. Undertake complex payroll checking, coding and calculations and information processing activities in order to ensure accuracy in the payment of employee salaries and the maintenance of financial and operational systems.
2. Respond to all employee and HMRC requests relating to salary queries.
3. Production of correspondence relating to employees probationary and induction periods, maternity leave provisions, mortgage enquiries and other staffing and salary related matters. Monitor and review casual and temporary / fixed term appointments to ensure that minimum statutory and policy requirements are being met.
4. Responsible for the day-to-day administration of pension schemes ensuring that new and existing customers' policies are accurately maintained and serviced.
5. Operate and maintain schedules, records and systems for work areas for which responsible to ensure processes are carried out effectively and efficiently.
6. Respond to non-routine and complex enquiries, both oral and/or in writing from a wide range of contacts, using judgement in forming responses so that advice on the area of work dealt with by Payroll is consistently given in accordance with agreed policies and statutory legislation and within defined procedures.
7. Prepare statistical and financial information from systems and collate and present information for use of senior staff for operational management and policy development purposes.
8. Monitor the operation of processes and advise on improvements in the job holder’s specific work area, so as to contribute to the achievement of the Payroll objectives.
9. Ensure that all communication channels (upwards/downwards/lateral) are fully utilised in order to ensure that uncertainty is removed, and services are delivered effectively.
10. Instruct and train new staff in order to ensure that they are competent to undertake the required tasks commensurate with the principle responsibilities of their jobs and that the day to day work of the Payroll Team is progressed according to agreed timescales, and that problems are identified and addressed and escalated when necessary.
- Experience of working on a market leading integrated HR and Payroll ICT system
- Evidence of working in a customer orientated service area.
- Experience of working with ICT systems.
- Experience of providing conditions of Service, recruitment and Payroll advice and support to managers and employees.
- Experience of supporting change and revised procedures resulting from legislative and other changes
- Experience in a local authority and or payroll setting, preferably involving direct contact with a wide range of customers including schools. Experience of working on Oracle E-Business HR and Payroll Modules
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Nana Kyeremeh on 0208 514 9137
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Payroll/Pension Specialist - Manchester
Salary: £16.39 - 16.39 per hour
Leasehold Customer Service
Salary: £14.58 - 14.58 per hour
Contact Tracer - Call Handler - Blackpool
Salary: £11.50 - 11.50 per hour
Responder/Call Handler - Derby
Salary: £12.49 - 12.49 per hour