Payroll Officer - Liverpool
|Job Title:||Payroll Officer - Liverpool|
|Salary:||£14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||20 days ago|
Payroll Officer – Liverpool (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £14.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Support the efficient administration of a high quality, accurate and timely payroll function for a range of customers and in accordance with statutory, legislative and contractual obligations.
- Undertake the administration of the full end to end payroll processing tasks for an allocation of employees.
- Assessment, notification and processing of statutory and occupational payments in accordance with the employees relevant terms and conditions of employment.
- Maintain the Payroll Quality Partnership accreditation (PQP), participate in a personal and professional development programme, including rotation of duties within the payroll team.
- Provide support to the on-going development of the payroll system to ensure statutory compliance and contribute to service improvements.
- Ensure that all duly authorised notifications of adjustments to existing payroll and expense records are made within one pay period of notification and that they are calculated and paid in compliance with all legislative frameworks governing payroll.
- Ensure all appropriately authorised processing requests are stored in accordance with Data protection and Audit protocols.
- Create new payroll records upon the receipt of an authorised communication, either written or email for employees commencing with the Council, and its associated partnership organisations.
- Administration of Court Orders, student Loans, salary sacrifice schemes, annual reporting of expenses and benefits.
- Reconciliation and collation of data to support year-end returns for all customers.
- Ensure employees are removed from the payroll for payment purposes no later than the pay period after date of cessation of employment.
- Minimise the need for manual payments.
- Calculate payments and debtor accounts (including salary recalls and cancelled cheques) ensuring that all the required payroll adjustments arising from the calculation are correctly entered into the payroll system.
- Recover overpayments from employees in line with the LCC overpayments protocol and procedure including creation of accounts and invoices for overpaid employees as required, on the SAP Financials system
- Provide guidance relating to the application of the HMRC Regulations to employees their representatives, Head teachers, managers of Liverpool City Council and other agencies.
- Undertake all aspects of payroll administration commensurate with grade.
- Maintain the Payroll Service mailbox.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with service level agreements and KPI’s.
- Comply with the confidentiality agreement and Data Protection Act.
- Develop the City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's