Payroll / Pensions Officer - St Helens
|Job Title:||Payroll / Pensions Officer - St Helens|
|Salary:||£12.71 - 12.71 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Payroll / Pensions Officer – St Helens (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £12.71ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To undertake administrative and operational duties for the Corporate Payroll section and as required by the Merseyside Pension Fund (MPF), ensuring prompt delivery of services is maintained to stakeholders and customers.
- To assist in the maintenance of the on-line payroll related systems, providing guidance, training, response to requests for information and practical assistance to Employees, Managers, Head Teachers, Unions, External clients/agencies and use of systems to other Human Resource staff.
- To complete and dispatch statutory returns, documents and forms and exchange highly sensitive information and including those to outside agencies e.g. Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs, Merseyside Pensions Fund and Teachers Pension Agency ensuring that all summary, monthly and yearly returns are calculated, balanced, completed and are in accordance with legislation and data protection principles, including communicating directly with Government Connect.
- To compile financial information including; invoicing and reconciliation for third party organisations, operating in accordance with the Council’s financial regulations, legislation and the stipulated requirements of external bodies
- To maintain accurate pension membership records working in conjunction with transactional HR staff, utilising the Merseyside Local Government Pension Fund’s system; administer the Council’s Retirement and Severance scheme providing manually calculated pension estimates and costings as required.
- To calculate, process and reconcile the payrolls for the Council and external clients’ accounts in compliance with legislation.
- To assist in the delivery of Auto Enrolment, providing operational guidance to individual employees and Human Resource Staff.
- To have working knowledge of the legislation governing deductions from pay.
- To check pension adjustments made via the payroll system arising from contractual changes e.g. strike action, opt outs and maternities and to audit the starter/leaver process of an employee carried out by transactional HR
- staff and in discussion with senior members of the section, advise of corrective action when necessary.
- To assist in the development of others within the section.
- To utilise available databases and report writing tools in order to produce required information relating to both payroll and pensions.
- To undertake duties relating to the calculation/deduction of PAYE and National Insurance ensuring that information is sent to and received by HMRC on a daily basis and that it is implemented.
- To process invoices both incoming and outgoing relating to the Corporate Payroll section using the Council’s manual and electronic systems.
- To maintain the Teachers Enhanced Pension scheme, and payments arising from the death of a beneficiary.
- To process the salary sacrifice/deduction schemes.
- To comply with the Council’s Comprehensive Equality Policy and to ensure that it is implemented within the service area of the post.
- To comply with the Council’s Information Management Framework (including the Data Protection Policy, Code of Practice and Social Media Policy).
- To comply with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and associated safe working procedures and guidelines.
- To comply with the Council's Code of Conduct a fundamental aspect of which are "the Seven Principles of Public Life", and to conduct oneself with the highest standards of conduct that they require.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Payroll Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £14 per hour
Pensions Officer - Tower Hamlets
Salary: £22 per hour
Pensions Officer - Tower Hamlets
Salary: £18 per hour
Admissions Officer - Manchester
Salary: £13 per hour
Paralegal Officer - Northallerton
Salary: £15 per hour