Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Service
|Job Title:||Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Service|
|Salary:||£16.88 - 20.71 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Personal Advisor – Leaving Care Service
PLACEMENT: From 26/10/2020 , 5 days a week, 9:00am – 5:00pm
PAY RATE: PAYE from £16.88 & UMBRELLA from £20.71 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Personal Advisors - Leaving Care Service for our client based in Enfield
The role involves working alongside Social workers, with young adults, previously Looked After by the Local Authority between the ages of 18 – 24years old. Holding a case load of up to 25 young people, office based work, visits and attending meetings in the local community and outside the borough.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Supporting young people through the transition of being a Looked after Child to living independently, working in partnership with education/Training/Employment agencies and housing and health provisions.
- Supporting young people to successfully claim Universal credit and to avoid having sanctions imposed.
- To provide high quality and comprehensive support to the service user and empower them to plan, work towards and achieve their care and health outcomes.
- Contributing to efficient service delivery as an individual and as part of a team, in accordance with local policies procedures and legislation.
- Working in an anti-oppressive way and ensuring equality of opportunity to ensure that young people receive appropriate levels of support
- Highly Desirable - to have YOS experience and understanding and experience of working with challenging behaviour.
- Highly Desirable - Knowledge of housing options and legislation, and relevant benefits
- NVQ 3 in a related subject such Health & Social Care, or equivalent
- Recent experience of working with young people preferably within a Post 18/leaving Care setting.
- Experience of keeping accurate records, writing reports whilst updating and reviewing care plans. Analytical skills to research, collate, and interpret information, to make recommendations for action
- Experience of working in a team, supporting each other to achieve team objectives
- Experience of working co-operatively in partnerships with other agencies, such as health and the voluntary sector
- Interpersonal skills to encourage and persuade others to engage with the Service and build constructive working relationships
- Organisational skills to prioritise own work, working under pressure to potentially conflicting deadlines
- Enhanced DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's