Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Services)
|Job Title:||Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Services)|
|Salary:||£13 - 17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Services) for our client based inManchester
The Leaving Care Service provides a statutory service to young people aged between 16-25 years who have been, or are Looked After by Manchester City Council.
The Leaving Care Team is committed to ensuring young people:
- Prepared and supported to live independently
- Have improved access to education, employment and training
- Experience stability in their lives, and feel safe and secure
- Receive improved access to health support
- Achieve financial stability
The Personal Advisor will play a key role in supporting young people with their transition to adulthood and assist them to live an independent life in their community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To manage a caseload and keep accurate case records of work with young people and undertake statutory recordings.
- To contribute to Pathway Plan Assessment and provide ongoing assessment promoting young people’s full engagement to inform Pathway Planning.
- To undertake assessments of young people resuming or wishing to resume education/ training or presenting with other support needs post 21 years.
- To work with young people to promote welfare and ensure that their views and wishes are considered when undertaking assessments, developing Pathway Plans and reviews.
- To work in a flexible manner to provide advice, practical assistance and support to young people to enable successful transitions.
- To coordinate the provision of services and to take reasonable steps to ensure that the young person makes use of such services
- To identify packages of support for young people living in the community and supervise and monitor the delivery of tasks in accordance with the pathway plan to meet young person’s needs.
- To ensure that young people receive appropriate financial support and work with young people to develop their financial management skills with a view to them becoming responsible for their own budget.
- To advise and practically support young people to gain access to appropriate accommodation
- To work in partnership with a range of agencies to ensure young people receive an integrated, holistic response to meet their needs
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Substantial experience of working and engaging with young people.
- Experience of working with a variety of different agencies and social care professionals and working in a multi-racial/multi-cultural community.
- Experience of dealing effectively with sensitive and confidential matters, pressure and conflict.
- Ability to formulate plans for intervention and service provision for young people.
- Ability to work in partnership with parents, carers, and other agencies.
- Ability to produce clear, literate and appropriate records, reports and correspondence for a wide range of readership.
- An understanding of relevant legislation and statutory guidance including Working Together 2014, MSCB Safeguarding Procedures, Domestic Abuse awareness, Children Act 2004, Children and Families Act 2014
- An in-depth understanding of the statutory responsibilities and duties for looked after children in line with the Children Act 1989, Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000, and related regulations.
- The role holder must hold a full driving license and have access to a vehicle on a daily basis.
- Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's