Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Services
|Job Title:||Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Services|
|Salary:||£18 - 22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Personal Advisor for our clients Leaving Care Services team.
This post holder will be required to provide advice and support, including practical support, to young people aged 16 to 21 who are leaving or have left care, which includes needs assessment, intervention, pathway planning and review, within the framework of the Children Act 1989 and Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To undertake a needs assessment and draw up a pathway plan within the framework of the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000
- To be responsible for providing advice and support on allocated cases, or those worked with on a short term assessment basis.
- To assess, plan and develop the life skills of young people leaving care to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to live independently.
- To enable, facilitate and assist the young person’s progress through direct work in accordance with individual pathway plan.
- To co-ordinate the provision of services and to monitor progress of the young person through direct contact with the young person and those agencies and individuals identified in the pathway plan as delivering a service.
- To maintain accurate records of all work undertaken on behalf of the Directorate, and to ensure that service users are aware of their right to see such records.
- To ensure that service users are aware of their right to complain about the service they receive.
- To produce case reports and correspondence for a variety of readership, including meetings, conferences, other agencies and service users.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken in compliance with policies, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- To ensure that the needs of service users from all communities are addressed and that close attention is paid to equalities issues in all aspect of work.
- To participate in duty systems for the service unit, as appropriate.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships at appropriate levels with other agencies relevant to the work of the unit.
- To input data, using Information Technology, as required.
- To take responsibility for one’s own, and others safety, by ensuring that team members and other staff are not knowingly exposed to risk of violence.
- To attend, Contribute and participate fully in supervision, in accordance with the Directorate’s supervision policy.
- Substantial experience of working and engaging with young people.
- Experience of working with a variety of different agencies and social care professionals and working in a multi-racial/multi-cultural community.
- Experience of dealing effectively with sensitive and confidential matters, pressure and conflict.
- Knowledge of: the Children Act 1989, Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000 and other relevant Legislation; needs of looked after young people, including those from black and minority ethnic communities and other disadvantaged groups; social care provision for looked after young people and the role of social workers & the skills required by young people to become and remain independent
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of adolescent behaviour and development.
- Ability to formulate plans for intervention and service provision for young people.
- Ability to work in partnership with parents, carers, and other agencies.
- Ability to undertake direct work with young people, parents and carers.
- Ability to produce clear, literate and appropriate records, reports and correspondence for a wide range of readership.
- Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Services)
Salary: £13 - 17 per hour
Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Services)
Salary: £13 - 16 per hour
Adult Social Care Call Handler
Salary: £11.00 - 13.47 per hour
Independent Domestic Violence Advisor
Salary: £12.50 - 16.00 per hour
Housing Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.20 per hour