Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Services)
|Job Title:||Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Services)|
|Salary:||£13 - 16 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||less than a minute ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Services) for our client based inRochdale
As a Personal Advisor you will required to:
- work within the Cared for Children Team to provide support and assistance to young people preparing to leave care and meet the responsibilities of the Local Authority for young people 16 years and over who have entitlement under the Children Leaving Care Act (2000).
- play a key role in supporting young people with their transition to adulthood and assists them to live an independent life in their community.
- establish and maintain positive relationships with young people to support them to prepare for adulthood; working proactively with appropriate partner agencies to assess the individual’s needs and ensure young people have positive outcomes.
- must be able to deliver high quality support for young people, managing existing and future risks through assessment, and creating plans which ensure the individual needs of young people are appropriately considered. This will include assisting young people to engage with support services provided by both statutory and voluntary agencies, thus ensuring that the young person is appropriately supported and therefore able to contribute actively in the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To support young people in successfully leaving the care of the Local Authority, promoting independence, providing practical support and maximising life opportunities.
- To support young people in all areas of their lives including physical/mental health, forming relationships, developing life skills, keeping safe, education/training/employment and accessing appropriate housing.
- To undertake holistic assessments with young people to produce effective plans of support/intervention that respond to their individual needs, identifying and reducing their vulnerability to risk situations
- To participate in the review of Pathway plans of young people until they are 18 years of age and implementation and revision of the pathway plan following the young person’s 18th birthday determining suitable adjustments to ensure that young people are able to achieve their agreed goals
- To work with young people to promote their welfare and ensure their views and wishes are considered when undertaking assessments, developing Pathway Plans and reviews.
- To promote young people involvement in in their own planning and in the delivery of services.
- To identify packages of support for young people living in the community and supervise and monitor the delivery of tasks in accordance with the pathway plan to meet young person’s needs.
- To ensure that young people receive appropriate financial support and work with young people to develop their financial management skills with a view to them becoming responsible for their own budget.
- To advise and practically support young people to gain access to appropriate accommodation
- To establish and maintain links with range of Health, Education, Employment, Training and Housing providers.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience of working with children and young people between the ages of 16 and 25 years
- Knowledge & understanding of relevant legislations and statutory guidance including legislation around Care for Children and Care Leavers and safeguarding procedures
- Experience of working with a variety of different agencies and social care professionals
- Ability to formulate plans for intervention and service provision for young people.
- Ability to produce clear, literate and appropriate records, reports and correspondence for a wide range of readership.
- Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's