Placement Officer - Bromley
|Job Title:||Placement Officer - Bromley|
|Contact Name:||Megan Eastop-Stanley|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
Placement Officer – Bromley
Salary: £15.77 Per Hour
Part Time (20 hours per week)
To discharge the Authority’s responsibilities under ASCOF and other relevant legislation with respect to service users with disabilities, vulnerabilities, and eligible care needs.
To ensure our clients eligibility criteria, policies and procedure are followed in relation to service users.
To help create packages of support to prevent unnecessary reception of people into care and to assist people to remain in their own home where possible and/or to move to suitable and appropriate residential care.
To match service user needs to potential placements or providers.
- To receive referrals and assessments from care managers and social workers for service users requiring services in a timely, professional, efficient and positive manner. To assess the needs and desired outcomes and to match these against an appropriate provision in order identify the best value placement for the service user.
- To make recommendations to the social worker and on the most appropriate and best value options that will meet the service user’s needs. To take responsibility for ensuring that the provider/ organisation is both fit for purpose and the able to meet the needs of the service user, including undertaking reference, registration and evaluation checks on the providers if required.
- To ensure, where required, that notifications of service changes are made to the Finance department to ensure that, where required, financial assessments are undertaken of the service user for calculation of contribution to the cost of the care package.
- To negotiate the cost of placements and support packages to ensure that the authority receives the best value service and the most appropriate care and support for our service users, considering all cost implications for recommended placements. Where packages of services are contracted/ tendered – to abide by the principles within the tendered contract.
- To undertake visits to providers for both individual service users and for general database records. To feedback findings, including recommendations as to the suitability of the provider to meet needs of potential placements.
- To liase with social workers and other professionals and agencies regarding assessments of care needs and potential service providers to assist the development of appropriate and coherent care planning. This may include the negation with other agency representatives around contribution to service funding.
- To participate in a duty rota system dealing with all emergency placements received whilst the duty officer, including following through overnight & weekend placements by updating the social car recording system and liaising with social workers on the long-term plans.
- Some positions include weekend working arrangements
- On occasions to offer cover for the team leader in attending funding panels or meetings to present information on resource availability and to provide updates on referral status.
- To ensure that all work commissioned is entered onto the social care recording system as a service agreement and to notify appropriate officers for service authorisations and changes of care episodes.
- Ensure that all work commissioned is entered onto the social care recording system as a service agreement and to notify appropriate officers for service authorisations and changes of care episodes.
- Ensure that gaps in resources and un-met needs are fed back to managers and commissioners.
- To undertake appropriate training and to maintain knowledge of changes to departmental procedure, legislation and regulations. To respond to new and changes legislation in respect of service provision and implement as directed
- To undertake any other duties as may be required in order to meet the changing needs of the service.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Megan Eastop- Stanley on 07587 327813 or via email Megane@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's