Planner - Bromley
|Job Title:||Planner - Bromley|
|Salary:||£23 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Planner – Bromley (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £23.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Provide management and control of development within the framework of the current town planning and associated legislation
Prepare reports and make recommendations to committee, or by the Assistant Director (Planning and Building Control) by way of delegated powers, on planning applications or policy and other relevant matters
To supervise other relevant staff by exercising senior professional and supervisory responsibility in order to deliver a high quality service
- Assess a full range of development proposals including major and complex schemes.
- Bring to the attention of the team manager any matters of policy or problems arising from the work of the team which may require action at manager or Head of section.
- Examine all development proposals and where necessary guide and instruct members of the team as to appropriate action. This action may include negotiation with developers to make improvements or alternative schemes in the interest of higher development standards.
- Write concise and accurate reports on planning applications or other matters and appropriate recommendation for consideration by senior officers and/or committee.
- Represent the Assistant Director (Planning and Building Control) at Planning Committees when required to explain individual proposals or reports and recommendations and advise Members on matters of planning policy.
- Appear as an expert witness at Public Inquiries when required on issues that are more complex or wider than standard development management considerations.
- Interpret, apply and enforce current town planning and other associated legislation and literature that forms the framework and background for development planning.
- Undertake site visits relating to development proposals as necessary.
- Check and approve reports prepared by other team members as required.
- Responsible for the supervision and instruction of other relevant staff.
- Give advice to team members with regard to development plan policy discussions with planning applicants, developers, Housing Associations, legal colleagues and others on specific details of any application requiring a Section 106 Agreement.
- Give advice to staff on the implications that development may have on communities e.g. taking account of infrastructure, sustainability or educational requirements.
- Advise team members regarding liaising with statutory and non-statutory consultees to assist with development plan policies.
- Represent the Division at meetings with other Council officers, neighbouring councils and authorities associated with the assessment of development proposals and giving advice on planning matters as required.
- Represent the Division at Member level meetings, including Member site visits, as required and give advice on planning matters as required.
- Represent the Council at events, presentations, exhibitions, public meetings and public relation exercises associated with development proposals as required.
- Respond to correspondence and telephone enquiries relating to the work of the team and agree, when necessary, outgoing correspondence originating from the team.
- Work within a target driven environment as well as contributing generally to the work of the Planning Division meeting deadlines to ensure targets are achieved.
- Identify and make improvements to service delivery as required.
- Contribute to corporate initiatives as required.
- Attend meetings in or out of office hours as required.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Department / Section.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available