Planning Control Assistant | North Warwickshire
Salary: £Negotiable per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Planning Control Assistant for a local authority in North Warwickshire to contribute towards the provision of the Planning Control service of the Council through providing advice and assistance to members of the public and prospective applicants on planning matters together with the processing of minor and householder planning applications.
What you will be doing -
The examination and processing of planning applications related to the provision of the planning control service, as required by legislation. This will include:
- Initiating appropriate consultations and notifications, to ensure that appropriate procedures have been pursued.
- Negotiating with the applicant or agent to overcome any difficulties or deficiencies in the proposals, and the preparation of appropriate correspondence pertaining to such matters.
- Preparation of Board reports setting out the proposal, background, relevant planning policies, comments of consultees and interested parties, observations on the merits of the proposal, and the recommendation.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of site inspections, as well as of relevant telephone calls and meetings.
- Advising and assisting the public regarding planning control procedures, fees, planning policies and the likely attitude of the Council. Informing enquirers about current applications and the way in which they are progressed to determination.
- Preparing written representations and proofs of evidence setting out the considerations which led the Council to its decision and giving evidence as a professional witness at planning and enforcement inquiries, including giving evidence in the courts.
- Investigating the circumstances of reports of unauthorised development to,establish whether a breach of planning control exists, pursuing the matter with the developer where appropriate, and if necessary preparing reports to board recommending the initiation of enforcement action.
- Initiating and preparing surveys for Tree Preservation Orders, preparing observations on Vehicle Operators Licences and other matters related to planning control.
- Providing information and advice in relation to planning control input into the statutory plan making process, Conservation Areas, Listed Buildings and environmental improvement generally.
- Keeping informed of changes in legislation and developments in the planning field which are relevant to the duties of the post.
- Participation as a member of the Section Management meetings in pursuing matters relevant to the Section.
What You will need -
- Previous Experience within Planning/Housing/Leasehold/Tenancy Management
- Previous Planning Control Section Local Authority Experience (Minimum 2 years)
- Ability to write complex reports and a wide range of correspondence relating to Development Management and other planning issues.
- Must be able to recognise discrimination in its many forms and willing to put the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policies into practice.
- Ability to be aware of wider environmental and planning issues.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.