|Job Title:||Planning Lawyer|
|Salary:||£25 - 30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Toni Dunkley|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Planning Lawyer | London Borough of Islington
Primary Job Function
- To assistant in planning, co-ordination and undertaking the legal work in respect of the Council’s planning functions
- To undertake the legal work to the highest professional and client care standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in planning, coordinating and undertaking legal work in support of the Council’s functions relating to planning, highways, control of the development of land and the environment as may be assigned to the postholder from time to time by the Principal Planning and Development Lawyer.
- To draft reports to Planning and Planning Sub Committee.
- To deal with major development projects and complex matters under the supervision of the Principal Planning and Development lawyer.
ADDITIONAL – applicable to all grades:
•To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
•To achieve agreed service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
•To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
•To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the council’s commitment to customer service excellence and ensure compliance with the customer care standards.
•To be committed to the Council’s core values of public service, quality, equality and empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
•To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
•To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
•At all times to carry out responsibilities/duties within the framework of the Council's Dignity for all Policy. (Equal Opportunities Policy).
You must have
- Qualified to practice as solicitor or barrister in England (or comparable jurisdiction) or FILEX qualification
- At PO3 - 2 years’ post qualification experience in the planning area or exceptional experience of shorter duration, including drafting complex highways and planning agreements and giving legal advice.
- At PO4 and above 3 years’ post qualification experience in the planning area or exceptional experience of shorter duration, including drafting complex highways and planning agreements and giving legal advice
For more information please contact Liam Heddle on 02089111083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available