Planning Officer - Bury
|Job Title:||Planning Officer - Bury|
|Salary:||£18 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Planning Officer – Bury (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £18.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To assist in the administration of the Council's duties set out in the various planning and amenity acts, in developing and carrying out its corporate policies and in the guidance and management of development and enforcement of regulations to provide a better environment, with particular reference to the consideration of planning and other related subjects.
As an employee of Bury Council you have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
- Process applications (enforcement cases) under the Town and Country Planning and associated acts administered by the Planning Services Division as allocated by the Development Manager and or Principal Planning Officer and or administer the Planning Appeals Process and or Planning Enforcement action.
- Attend meetings on site and in the office both during and outside normal office hours in relation to the carrying out of the work required.
- Prepare a report on each application/action, incorporating the views of the organisations and persons consulted and recommendation, and discuss this report with the Principal Planner. Make recommendations with regard to conditions and reasons for refusal.
- Prepare as required written statements, representations, etc, for planning appeals and attend site visits.
- Answer general Development Management queries by letter, telephone and email.
- Explain reasons for decisions to applicants and other interested persons, organisations, etc.
- Take responsibility for keeping abreast of changes in relevant legislation, policy and procedure relating to this area of planning work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of IT packages appropriate to the work of the Development Management Section and use them in the delivery of the service.
- Prepare as required and/or present evidence on behalf of the Authority at planning /enforcement appeal hearings/inquiries (simple)
- Contribute to the preparation of reports on Development Management policies and other related matters as required and support the back office systems as appropriate.
- Deputise for the Principal Planner in his/her absence.
- Undertake additional duties of special responsibility as directed by the Development Manager.
- Prepare written reports and handle appeal cases in respect of complex proposals, incorporating the views of the organisations and persons consulted and recommendation. (This complexity of development would normally require a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience).
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Share this Job
Legal Officer - Bury
Salary: £25 per hour
Infrastructure Planning Officer - London
Salary: £35 per hour
Business Support Officer
Salary: £11.11 - 11.11 per hour
Placement Officer - Bromley
Salary: Market related
Complaints Officer - Northampton
Salary: £12.03 - 12.03 per hour