Planning Officer - Tower Hamlets
|Job Title:||Planning Officer - Tower Hamlets|
|Salary:||£20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Planning Officer – Tower Hamlets (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £20.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Provide generalist support on all planning matters that meet the needs of Tower Hamlets multi-cultural communities.
- Undertake to provide generalist support to officers on all planning work including: - to undertake the Council’s responsibilities for the processing and negotiation of pre-application proposals including co-ordinating all associated assessment work including Environmental Impact Assessments and input into planning statements/briefs/and appropriate technical practice notes; LBTH JD and PS July 2021 - to undertake the Council’s responsibilities for the processing and determination of planning applications and the enforcement of planning control under the relevant legislation; including listed building consents and conservation area consents and co-ordinating all associated assessment work including Environmental Impact Assessments; - researching, procuring, analysing, monitoring and evaluating information as part of the plan-making and delivery process; - producing and working with others, including the local community, to produce planning policy and documents as part of the plan-making process; and - producing and delivering planning strategies, coordination of strategic delivery initiatives such as improving town centres and all planning project work.
- Promote the work and services of the Directorate through effective liaison with other internal and external services and bodies.
- To contribute to the delivery of the spatial elements of the Community Plan through the effective application of planning and development tools and powers in accordance with the Council’s visions and values.
- To contribute to the regeneration of the borough through the effective application of all planning powers and partnership working with regeneration agencies within and outside of the Council.
- Provide generalist support on all allocated planning work including carrying an appropriate case load ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, the Council’s policies and procedures and to the best professional standards for the benefit of the residents of the Borough.
- Where directed be responsible, with support, for leading on some appropriate elements, of planning work.
- Provide support for negotiations on all planning work as appropriate, liaising with relevant Council directorates, local communities and other organisations.
- To provide support to all planning service public consultation exercises including the preparation of all materials and other documentation ensuring that all relevant Council Directorates, LBTH JD and PS July 2021 community organisations, amenity and minority groups, external agencies and Government Bodies are consulted in accordance with the requirements of the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI).
- Undertake a monitoring role in respect of planning service issues.
- Keep abreast of Government policies, current ideas and developments in relation to all aspects of urban and regional planning.
- To maintain and keep up-to-date all planning files and documents on-line and hard copy (where relevant) in an clear ordered system with all material discussions/meetings/paperwork recorded and material documents properly filed and provide administrative support including ensuring working files get scanned, as part of any process, to enable the work of the allocated team to be undertaken. Provide generalist advice and support delivering work to performance targets and contributing to the promotion of best professional standards.
- Promote the work and services of the Directorate and Service, always utilising the principles of good customer service, liaising with other services within the Council, elected Members, external bodies and statutory authorities including the provision of information, advice, guidance and assistance to residents of the Borough and businesses.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Traded Service Support Officer - Tower Hamlets
Salary: £26.31 - 26.31 per hour
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Estates Officer - Nottingham
Salary: £25.02 - 25.02 per hour
Homeless officer -Islington
Salary: £25 per hour
Finance Officer - Fareham
Salary: £17 per hour