Principal Accountant - Devon
|Job Title:||Principal Accountant - Devon|
|Salary:||£22.73 - 22.73 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
Principal Accountant – Devon
Salary: £ 22.73
Full-Time (37 hours)
The main purpose of the job is to lead, manage and provide an effective, and independent
professional financial support service with the following key objectives:
1) Introduce and develop the adoption of strategic capital accounting practices, and prepare appropriate management information, which will enable services to adhere to capital compliance.
2) Ensure capital fiscal probity for DCC within statutory and local authority standards whilst providing accounting expertise in line with customers’ capital objectives. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- To provide strategic financial management advice and support to the service to ensure that limited corporate capital financial resources are allocated, managed and utilised to best effect and capital objectives are achieved.
- Substitute for the Head of Capital and Technical and relevant Capital project boards, as required.
- Support the Head of Capital and Technical with the capital management of Council Partnerships and other major strategic projects, as required.
- Work directly with Heads of Service, and their respective management boards on a range of specific capital projects that have a strategic effect on the service and its performance and advise on different business and service delivery models.
- Provide advice on financial and capital aspects of procurement processes and tenders including interpretation of contracts, pricing, negotiation, outputs and scoring mechanisms. as well as business planning.
- Provide strategic capital financial to designated management groups, major project teams with overall responsibility for supporting and monitoring the Economy, Enterprise and Skills function.
- Conduct strategic capital financial reviews of service areas reports (for example Cabinet papers) to Elected Members, Corporate Leadership, Heads of Service and Senior Management teams.
- Co-ordinate capital financial advice and support, including financial modelling, assessments of profit and loss, forecasting, understanding overheads and other operating costs, options appraisals and financial business planning (incorporating technical and specific capital accounting practices as appropriate)
- Interpret, prepare and review statistical service data, both financial and non-financial such as grant funding agreements, grant bids, grant claims and S106 / developer agreements.
- Lead on the development, enhancement, design and implementation of capital business processes for the capital team, and it’s relationships with other financial systems as appropriate. Specific lead in developing and enhancing the monitoring of S106 agreements and reconciling to cash held.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Service Support Assistant - Devon County Council
Salary: £9.81 - 9.81 per hour
Accountant - Berkshire
Salary: £12.20 - 12.20 per hour
HR Officer - Isle of Angelsey Council
Salary: £17.51 - 17.51 per hour
Trading Standards Officer - Kidderminster
Salary: £27.29 - 27.29 per hour