Principal Accountant - Liverpool
|Job Title:||Principal Accountant - Liverpool|
|Salary:||£550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Principal Accountant – Liverpool (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £550.00pd
Full-Time (37 hours)
This is a hybrid role expectation is the candidate would be on site 2 to 3 days per week and may be required to attend some evening meetings including cabinet.
We are looking for someone to fill the post for up to six months.
About the Role:
- To support the council’s commercial approach to income generation, the management of council companies, and a wide variety of projects and reviews, ensuring that future opportunities are maximised and risk is kept to a minimum.
- To advise on council companies and commercial ventures, undertaking financial modelling, analysis of business plans, and setting out financial choices clearly for decision.
- To control and account for the council’s investments in companies and ventures.
- To develop positive and productive relationships with stakeholders
- To support the provision of a complete service to the city council’s commercial operations (wholly owned trading companies, joint ventures, partnerships) including strategic financial advice and performance.
- Ensuring the implementation of improvements and supporting recommendations as identified via the Finance Improvement Programme on behalf of the Council.
We are looking for someone with the following values, qualifications, skills and experience.
- Experience of working at a senior level in a local government/public sector organisation
- Contract/client management experience
- Experience of leading negotiations and influencing outcomes, e.g., in discussions and when managing relationships with partners and agencies
- Experience of performance management of contracts / SLAs
- A track record of providing strategic and technical financial advice to senior management and Elected Members (or equivalent in an alternative public sector environment)
- Experience of developing and implementing policies, practices and procedures in line with current government legislation, national best practice and local priorities.
- Good project management skills, with a track record of delivery of successful projects.
- Experience of producing high quality reports and other key documentation, to concisely and succinctly articulate information in order to convey the required messages, or to elicit the required decisions/recommendations
- Negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners and professionals to achieve positive outcomes
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adapt and respond to changing pressures and shifting priorities, reprioritising work schedules and programmes where necessary in order to meet key deadlines and target dates
- Experience in developing or challenging complex business plans including financial data
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's