Principal Accountant - Mold
|Job Title:||Principal Accountant - Mold|
|Salary:||£21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
Principal Accountant – Mold (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £21.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To actively support the Strategic Finance Manager and be the key operational/technical lead in one of the following functional areas:
- Management Accounting
- Financial Strategy & Insurance
- Commercial Services and Housing
- Schools Accounting and Finance
- Capital, Technical and Financial Systems
To ensure financial control of the Council’s revenue and capital budgets and to highlight, review and report significant financial and operational issues and risks within Portfolios.
To promote professional financial standards and behaviours and to drive change and improvements.
To ensure the Council’s Revenue and Capital Grants are managed in line with strict conditions and criteria.
The post holder will be responsible for providing an effective and independent financial management and technical support service. Its core focus is to act as the lead finance professional working with portfolio holders and providing financial information, advice and support to a diverse range of internal and external customers.
- Have a full understanding of the Councils medium term financial strategy and the process and deadlines for the Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP), be able to communicate and work to these, with Chief Officers.
- As the finance lead support to the Chief Officer, the Principal Accountant will offer expert analysis, review and challenge to efficiencies and income options ensuring financial analysis and challenge is robust and that business planning strategy returns are completed in line with deadlines set for MTFP.
- In supporting the Chief Officer, identify and quantify pressures and commitments and potential options to offset them, ensuring any pressures put forward are robust and can withstand challenge and scrutiny.
- Support the Chief Officer in identifying and developing collaborative working partnerships with other authorities.
- Act as a steward to safeguard resources from loss, waste, abuse or corruption; giving a reliable account of how resources have been used.
- Analyse financial performance and promote good financial management so contributing to medium and long term business planning/forecasts and ensuring resources are used efficiently.
- Be the finance lead on identifying and quantifying the financial implications of new initiatives and/or changes to the business of the Council.
- As the finance lead to the Chief Officer, develop business cases and commercial ventures including using a range of business planning, financial modelling and stress testing techniques.
- Review and interpret legislation – for example financial procedure rules, state aid and national policy initiatives and apply these to internal policy.
- As the lead finance professional providing support to the portfolio and using specialist knowledge the Accountant is responsible for providing advice on highly complex financial subjects.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com