Principal Auditor - Ashton Under Lyne
|Job Title:||Principal Auditor - Ashton Under Lyne|
|Salary:||£23 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Principal Auditor – Ashton Under Lyne (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £23.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To assist in the provision of an internal audit and risk management service that is efficient, effective and economic, conducted in a professional manner and in accordance with Council Policies and the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS).
- To deputise for the Risk and Internal Audit Manager on matters relating to Internal Audit whenever necessary.
- To compile the strategic and annual audit plan for designated service areas in consultation with Senior Management, Executive Members, External Audit and the Risk and Internal Audit Manager.
- To manage on a day to day basis auditors for a designated group of services.
- To prepare quarterly reports for Senior Management and Executive Members and hold review meetings to discuss progress.
- To allocate audit assignments to team members from the approved audit plan.
- To provide training to team members and other audit staff as and when required.
- To direct and assist auditors with their assignments and ensure that clear terms of reference are agreed.
- To review all audits undertaken by team members to ensure/determine that: -
- all audit working papers on the audit management system, Galileo,are completed to a professional standard and in accordance with the Internal Audit Manual;
- the extent and adequacy of work undertaken; and
- the written report is professional and reflects the findings of the audit work, reaches appropriate conclusions and makes practical recommendations.
- A Quality Control Checklist has been completed and signed off for each audit assignment.
- To liaise with senior management, other officers, Executive Members, External Audit, the Police, members of the public and other parties as appropriate to establish and maintain sound working relationships and to foster at all times a positive and professional image of the service.
- To monitor the performance of individual team members to ensure that performance indicators are achieved and that audits are progressed through to completion in a timely manner.
- To monitor progress against the plan via regular interrogation of the audit managementsystem, Galileo.
- To advise management at all levels on risk and control issues in relation to the introduction of new systems, processes and procedures.
- To support managers and provide assistance and advice in the identification of risks and the evaluation of controls.
- To prepare reports for and attend the Greater Manchester Pension Fund Local Board.
- To attend Corporate Groups or represent the Service on External Groups as and when required.
- To manage and perform fraud investigations, cost effectiveness reviews and other consultancy projects when required in accordance with the standards and procedures laid down in the Internal Audit Manual.
- To assist in the production of the Annual Audit Report, and reports to the Audit Panel as and when requested.
- To continually review and assess the audit process to ensure it fits with best practice, conforms to the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS) and meets the needs of the organisation.
- To perform any other duties that correspond reasonably to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Principal Human Resources Adviser - Woolwich
Salary: £21.52 - 21.52 per hour
Housing Options & Assessment Officer - Waltham forest
Salary: £16 per hour
Licensing Enforcement Officer - Harrogate
Salary: £17 per hour
Environmental Health Officer - Skipton
Salary: £22 per hour
HR Advisor - Barnet
Salary: £23 per hour