Principal social worker - Emergency Duty Team
|Job Title:||Principal social worker - Emergency Duty Team|
|Salary:||£38 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Principal social worker - Emergency Duty Team to work with one of our clients based in Northampton. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Pay rate - £38PH
- To operate a county wide out-of-hours emergency social work service in order to fulfil the local authority’s statutory obligations in relation to safeguarding legislation relating to children and adults.
- To respond to any vulnerability identified by any member of the community that would normally come to the attention of social care agencies to ensure the welfare of vulnerable children, young people and adults
- To participate in the duty rota, receiving calls from the public and other agencies, assessing and responding appropriately to calls in good time, and prioritising actions to ensure the safety and well being of service users until the next working day; thereby meeting the local authority’s statutory responsibilities outside of normal office working hours.
- To undertake emergency social work in consultation with colleagues, assessing needs, preparing plans and taking referrals and appropriate courses of action to ensure that appropriate resources and support are in place to ensure the welfare of vulnerable children and adults.
- In consultation with colleagues and other agencies, define and determine the most appropriate resources required taking into account current circumstances.
- To negotiate and liaise with other services and with a wide range of other agencies, especially the Police and Health Service to ensure effective multiagency working and an appropriate response to need
- To organise and delegate work to support staff, and through mentoring, supervision, monitoring and training
- To provide information and reports on referrals to respective local teams and daytime Social Workers on the first working morning following a duty period, and retaining appropriate written records
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available