Private Housing Standards Officer
|Job Title:||Private Housing Standards Officer|
|Location:||Hammersmith & Fulham|
|Salary:||£19.01 - 19.01 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Amber Debens|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Private Housing Standards Officer – Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £ 19.01 Per Hour
Full Time (35 hours per week)
To contribute to improving the quality of the private sector housing stock and ensure the sector can fulfil its potential in meeting housing need in the Borough. You will contribute directly towards the improvement of private sector dwelling conditions across the Borough through a variety of informal and formal enforcement action and policy development.
The postholder will work as part of a team in investigating & resolving housing condition complaints and reports of sub-standard houses of multiple occupation in accordance with the Housing Act 2004, Housing Health and Safety Rating System and council policy & procedures.
Where necessary and appropriate, to initiate and follow through enforcement action in line with council policies and procedures.
- To investigate complaints of poor private sector housing conditions and provide technical & directed advice to resolve matters. Where possible and appropriate, to work cooperatively with landlords to ensure required standards are met and housing conditions improved where required.
- To investigate reports of poor housing conditions in HMOs and monitor compliance with the council’s adopted housing standards & against national legislation (HHSRS & Housing Management Regulations) and take enforcement action as required.
- To carry out property surveys and inspections of complex building, make assessments under the Housing Health & Safety Rating System and prepare schedules of work where necessary.
- To implement the requirements of the Housing Act 2004 and the Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation (England) Regulations 2006 in respect of the Mandatory, Additional, and Selective Licensing Schemes within the Borough.
- To take informal & formal enforcement action as required to remedy instances of disrepair and noncompliance with required standards. Such action may include the service of Notices, preparation of statements, case files and court appearances, all in compliance with Councils Enforcement Policy and in consultation with the Council’s Legal Services Division.
- To lead on landlord and tenant events, signpost landlords & tenants to relevant internal and external services over matters arising from your investigations into private sector housing matters.
- To record & maintain all casework within our current IT system (Uniform) to ensure that appropriate officers have access to up-to-date case history and details of the most recent action taken.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues from other teams and services to ensure broader outcomes are delivered e.g., to participate in locality initiatives and programmes, undertake ‘joined up’ enforcement initiatives including with other agencies such as Police and Trading standards etc.
- To ensure compliance with the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) for Landlords and a range of projects relating to the Borough’s Energy Efficiency Strategy and, in partnership with other organisations, to develop new initiatives to improve energy efficiency/ heating standards and to address housing inequalities.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Amber Debens 0208 514 9148
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's