Procurement Team Leader - Middlesbrough
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Procurement Team Leader to work within Middlesbrough
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To lead and drive process and contract efficiencies for the allocated portfolio of service area and contracts.
- To offer advice and guidance to all staff including operational staff in respect of any commissioning activities and market change or development.
- To explore opportunities for collaboration across public sector, 3rd sector and private organisations.
- To maintain contact with the marketplace to ensure awareness of latest trends and sector initiatives. This will include the maintenance of Market Position Statements to support market shaping.
- To undertake regular benchmarking and give consideration to alternative service modelling activities.
- To manage staff under their responsibility
- To adhere to and follow the commissioning cycle and procurement rules.
- To lead re-commissioning / procurement of large projects and / or models such as the recommissioning of focussed support, alternative education, domestic violence / homeless and substance misuse
- To ensure legislative compliance and associated frameworks.
- To ensure appropriate contract management and progress the development of the intend contract management system
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation and statutory duties and responsibilities of local authorities
- Successful experience of joint collaborative working with professionals from a range of agencies, including securing strategic priorities.
- Experience of effective strategic planning, commissioning, contracting and performance monitoring of services and goods supplied by local authorities
Salary is Negotiable
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area, please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176