Public Health Analyst
|Job Title:||Public Health Analyst|
|Salary:||£24 - 30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Public Health Analyst
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 35 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £24 per hour. Umbrella from £30 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Public Health Analyst for our client based in Hackney. This post is at PO5 grade.
As Public Health analyst, the postholder will work within the London Borough of Hackney Public Health team to support the Consultants in Public Health and the
Principal Public Health Analyst to deliver the public health intelligence function, including contributing public health intelligence to the City and Hackney Integrated
Commissioning System. The Public Health analyst will work in the intelligence team contributing to the maintenance and development of a strong public health knowledge base, the effective commissioning and delivery of a range of interventions and effective partnerships, to aid and influence delivery, across a range of stakeholders. They will lead on specific information projects and the development of relevant datasets to appropriately reflect the needs of current initiatives and priorities.
The postholder will provide input and advice into understanding the health needs of the population, addressing health inequalities, determining priorities for action, assisting wider understanding of the characteristics of the local population and actively disseminating the findings to a wide audience.
- Be a resource for data analysis, interpretation and presentation, utilising spreadsheets, maps and analytical tools across a wide range of datasets.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to partners across the Council and Integrated Commissioning System on health intelligence issues, including in response to external requests for information.
- Contribute to commissioning, management, implementation and delivery of public health intelligence programmes and projects. This includes delivery of the
statutory Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.
- Prepare reports and briefings for Members, senior management, programme boards and partnerships which include analysis of information and recommendations for corrective actions and continuous improvement.
- Collate and analyse relevant demographic information, service trends, user consultation and feedback, as well as research about effective services to ensure that assessments of need, service development and planning are based on good practice and evidence.
- Develop tools for statistical and epidemiological analysis.
- Work collaboratively with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and other specialists on spatially referenced datasets.
- Be the lead specialist for specific datasets and methodologies.
- Significant experience (minimum 2 years) of providing specialist public health intelligence to support tackling public health, health inequalities and related outcomes within local authority and health settings.
- Working knowledge of Tableau and/or Power BI. Good knowledge of analytical and/or statistical software like R, SPSS, STATA; track record of designing and conducting statistical analyses
- Additional specialist knowledge concerning statistical techniques and epidemiology acquired through post graduate diploma level qualification or equivalent experience.
- A formal qualification, preferably to a degree level, in a discipline relevant to public health, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of commissioning processes, from strategy and policy development,
- intervention design, procurement to performance management and evaluation.
- Knowledge of public health data sources such as mortality, births and hospital data.
- Knowledge of different sources of health information and their limitations.
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's