Public Health Service Manager
|Job Title:||Public Health Service Manager|
|Salary:||£26 - 32 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Public health Service Manager
PLACEMENT: ASAP , 35 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £26 per hour & Umbrella from £32 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Public Health Service Manager for our client based in Worcester. The role is critical in leading the development and delivery of the overall strategic and operational direction of the Public Health service.
The purpose of the role:
- The role will lead on the operational management and service planning across all Public Health services and support delivery of key statutory duties, and act as service liaison across a range of governance forums internally and externally, and mange key stakeholder relationships across a range of strategic partners e.g. Housing, Public Health England and other Health settings
- The post holder will look to identify and understand the key strategic risks across the wider Public Health service and will be able to accurately record information and highlight when action needs to be taken and represent Public Health and associated services and WCC and always provide excellent communication in a timely fashion
- The post holder will be dealing with highly sensitive and/or confidential matters using independent judgment, influencing skills and discretion for successful performance of their work. Responsibilities may include resolution of internal management, policy and operational problems. The role will require versatility and a people focus with an ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- This role will require an exceptionally high calibre individual with the ability to negotiate, persuade, influence, and think laterally to overcome obstacles and ensure delivery across a wide-ranging set of Public Health services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Agent and interface for the Director of Public Health on day-to-day delivery of the service business priorities; directing the activity and coordinating the flow of information, and undertake the day to day business operations across the Public Health service and provide direction, general management and supervision of staff
- To support and manage the operational delivery of Public Health services, including the Local Outbreak response within Worcestershire, working with a range Public Health and partner professionals and other public sector partners to ensure quality services are delivered in a timely and cost-efficient manner against service and statutory priorities
- Acting as a strategic partner and key interface with directorate leadership teams, building positive and effective relationships with Elected Members, the Chief Officer Group (COG) and across the wider organisation and its partners
- To support, as requested, the strategic planning of service and policy development which responds to assessed need and is compliant with national, regional and local standards. The role will also contribute to and take the lead in developing key service governance, which are regularly monitored and used to ensure delivery of key local and national service objectives
- Develop and implement effective business planning and performance management to support the drive for continuous improvement across the service and work with other service managers to ensure that innovative solutions are sought to support continuous improvements and respond to changing needs and challenges e.g. changes in government legislation
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- An appropriate management or professional qualification to post graduate degree level or equivalent
- A proven track record of high achievement at senior management level within a service environment of comparable scope and complexity and with an understanding of the issues facing Worcestershire, Public Health and the County Council
- Substantial experience of running large complex programmes and operations, showing the ability to improve organisational effectiveness and engender a culture of continuous improvement
- Substantial experience of working in a matrix managed environment managing deadlines, budgets, and priorities, whilst dealing with multiple demands and unexpected situations
- Significant evidence of the successful application of business and operational management acumen which delivers outcomes in the long term, whilst meeting the short to medium financial plan and priorities of the service and organisation.
- Substantial experience of digesting complex local and national policy and interpreting and applying it
- Substantial track record of delivering business management change activities in a Local Government or Commercial environment at a strategic level
- Excellent Leadership and team skills, you can get things both with directly managed staff and those not under direct management.
- Advanced understanding of successful programme and business management including techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes, including risk management
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's