Public Health Specialist
|Job Title:||Public Health Specialist|
|Salary:||£440 - 540 per day|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Public Health Specialist
LOCATION: Sutton, London
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 36 hours per week
PAY: PAYE £440 per day & Umbrella £540 per day
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Public Health Specialist for our client based the London Borough of Sutton. This role will involve remote working until the lockdown restrictions are amended.
The post-holder will be leading key areas of work including health protection and providing input to the Council’s COVID-19 response and delivery of the Local Outbreak Management Plan.
The post holder will be able to:
- work independently without the need for substantial supervision.
- be confident to provide practical advice on infection prevention and control and outbreak management, particularly relating to COVID-19.
- be familiar with working with a wide range of stakeholders, including education and social care
- provide specialist health protection input to the planning, commissioning and delivery of programmes.
- communicate clearly and will help to manage public and stakeholder perception and anxiety about emerging health protection issues.
- be required to change topics or work across portfolio areas in line with the needs of the business whilst maintaining generic public health skills as necessary.
- adapt rapidly to shifting demands and priorities, and needs to be flexible and adaptable, with a high level of professional credibility.
- use their advanced knowledge and skills in a wide range of core public health and health promotion competencies to lead and support the strategic development, delivery and evaluation of public health programmes and services.
- have the ability to critically appraise complex information from a range of sources; make recommendations and implement actions, based on a sound and thorough understanding and analysis of the evidence base, information and data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide day to day management and professional supervision to staff to ensure operational plans and activities are delivered effectively.
- Lead projects and implement changes and improvements within agreed cost, time and quality standards.
- Where relevant: manage service level budgets and resources in order to support the delivery of intended outcomes and demonstrate value for money.
- Responsible for budget management of projects.
- Line-management of public health staff.
- To provide practical advice on infection prevention and control and outbreak management, particularly relating to COVID-19.
- To lead on specialist health protection input to the planning, commissioning and delivery of programmes.
- Work with the communications team to manage public and stakeholder perception and anxiety about emerging health protection issues.
- To develop and manage projects and evaluations of selected programmes and projects, based on best practice and evidence.
- Educated to MSc level in Public Health or related subject or substantial PH work experience.
- Proven experience of advice on infection prevention and control and outbreak management, particularly relating to COVID-19.
- Proven experience of managing and planning budgetary expenditure and income.
- Proven experience of facilitating change management and programme development
- Proven experience of staff management in accordance with corporate policies, demonstrated by an understanding of human resources policies and management strategies
- Proven experience of using innovative responses to handle new and challenging situations, related to a diverse range of public health subjects, and with extensive policy and/or service implications
- Proven experience of managing a diverse range of complex public health projects in a challenging, senior level (post-MSc) NHS and/or Local Authority role
- Application of public health and health promotion methodologies to the design, development (including workforce development), delivery, monitoring and evaluation of services of a highly complex and diverse nature.
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies, please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available