Publications Officer - Uxbridge
|Job Title:||Publications Officer - Uxbridge|
|Salary:||£23 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Publications Officer – Uxbridge (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £23.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Contribute to the production of the council's printed and online publications, which include Hillingdon People (residents’ magazine) team Hillingdon (staff newspaper) and other publications such as the Hillingdon People Locals, council tax booklet, arts brochures, annual reports and any other corporate publications as required.
Produce email marketing newsletters for internal and external audiences and contribute to campaigns marketing and internal communications projects as required.
- No direct supervisory responsibility however may be required to assist in the induction and training of peers and new employees.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Council’s Customer Care Standards and ensure that these standards are met in order to deliver the council vision of ‘putting our residents first’.
- Contribute towards the maintenance of an effective communication channel with residents to ensure that they are well informed about the work that the council does and the services it provides.
- Research and interview for articles and features, both internally and with external contributors such as voluntary organisations and the council’s partners
- Write articles and features for the council's and its partner's publications
- Provide layout and design briefs for in-house and external designers
- Work in partnership with printers, distributors and others involved with production of publications, ensuring any contractual obligations are met.
- Support the distribution of publications
- Commission and brief freelance photographers / illustrators
- Ensure the council’s objectives are reflected in publications
- Promote a positive image of the council and the London Borough of Hillingdon, through publications
- Ensure publications are of a high quality by implementing agreed proofing and checking mechanisms
- Provide professional advice to staff, managers and councillors on the production of council publications
- Adhere to the code of recommended practice on local authority publicity, raising any concerns with the Publications Editor.
- Ensure deadlines are met and any risks of slippage are brought to the attention of the Publications and Internal Communications Manager.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Administrator - Uxbridge
Salary: £14 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Nottinghamshire
Salary: £13.41 - 13.41 per hour
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Estates Officer - Nottingham
Salary: £25.02 - 25.02 per hour
Homeless officer -Islington
Salary: £25 per hour