Qualified Social Worker - Assessment, Support & Safeguarding Team
|Job Title:||Qualified Social Worker - Assessment, Support & Safeguarding Team|
|Salary:||£33 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
We are currently looking for a Qualified Social Worker - Assessment, Support & Safeguarding Team to work with one of our clients based in Merton. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Pay rates paying £33ph
Carryout S47 investigations, completing S17 & S47 children and family assessments , pre-birth assessments, managing CIN Plans and CP Plans.
- To investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill-treatment of children; undertake assessments and, where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children, young people; maintaining appropriate personal/ professional boundaries.
- Liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies in order to gather information relevant to assessment and care planning activities.
- Work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
- To maintain an awareness of own professional limitations and knowledge gaps. To make effective use of supervision and appraisal as an opportunity to critically reflect on casework and to identify learning and development needs to continually improve upon practice; and to support CPD. To demonstrate the standards of proficiency as required by the HCPC in order to maintain registration.
- To be a Social Worker for Achieving for Children you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people
- Manage an allocated social work caseload relating to children, young people and families within the locality, including child protection and court work.
- Prepare for, and participate in, planned work relating to court and court orders effectively and within appropriate timescales.
- Undertake assessments in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures; with consideration to both the Framework for Assessment and risk in order to inform analysis and plans
- Identify children in need who may also be in need of protection and effectively safeguard them.
- Assess the needs of children and young people and determine an appropriate level of intervention and service provision, including packages of support for families. Negotiating, coordinating and providing and/or commissioning services as appropriate.
- To work within legislation, statutory guidance, local policy and procedures to ensure that Adult Safeguarding processes are followed.
- To work within a team which includes Team lead; Senior Practitioner, Social Workers; Assessment and Enablement Officers; Customer Service Officers, to provide a first point of contact regarding Safeguaridng enquiries and referrals.
- To provide professional assessment and intervention as required for service users with complex needs: this will include consideration of Mental Capacity.
- To work in line with, and promote the principals of Making Safeguarding Personal.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available