Qualified Social Worker - Child Protection - West London
Secure good outcomes for children and young people in need. Ensure that they are safe and supported to achieve their full potential.
Work autonomously to provide a high quality social work service to children by using relationship based practice.
Support and protect children in transition, including children and young people moving to and between placements, returning home, being adopted or moving to independence.
Mentor and support less experienced social workers, so they can achieve excellent practice and decision making for complex, high risk cases and oversee social work students on placements.
Be accountable for ensuring the highest professional standards, conduct and quality of social work practice.
Duties Of The Role:
Effectively manage a caseload of the most complex and high risk cases, using the signs of safety framework for all social work practice. This caseload will include Child in Need, Child Protection cases and care proceedings – including assessment work, report writing, giving evidence in court and provision professional opinion and working with children and young people in care, following statutory and service standards and guidance. The caseload is dependent on:
- The complexity of cases
- The risk associated with cases
- The profile and potential publicity surrounding a case which will service to increase the pressure placed on the named Social Worker.
- In some instances where a case is of sufficient size, profile and risk it may be appropriate for an Advanced Practitioner to work solely on that case until complete
- Social Work Qualification Honours Degree, DipSW or equivalent
- Must have a professional social work qualification and HCPC registration including evidence of CPD
- Updated CPD portfolio in accordance with registration requirements
- Must have experience of managing social workers or holding management responsibilities including, supervising, coaching, and/or mentoring staff
- Children & Families Extensive Experience
- 3 Years Minimum Experience
- Have an Enhanced DBS
Salary is £30-35 per hour.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Care professionals. We offer:
- One on one specialist Social Work consultant care based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Ethan Leuii on EthanL@4recruitmentservices.com