Qualified Social Worker | CIN/D&A/MASH/Fostering & Hospital Children’s Services Team | Wandsworth Council
4Recruitment Services require experienced Qualified Social Workers to work within a CIN/D&A/MASH/Fostering & Hospital Children’s Services Team based within Wandsworth Council. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 2+ years recent Social Worker experience of working within the Children’s Services Specialised team.
Social workers possess and practice the full range of social work values, knowledge and skills required to improve the lives of children in need (CIN) and their families. They must be registered to practice with the General Social Care Council under the terms of the code of conduct for social workers.
Social workers demonstrate competence and confidence in assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR) in a wide range of CIN cases, including child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases. They work collaboratively with other professionals, co-ordinating the team around the child, in order to ensure a multidisciplinary approach to safeguarding children and young people.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the services of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond.
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the SSA’s policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
- To understand both Councils’ duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to the role within the council.
- The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
To apply for this the Social Worker must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
Benefits & Rewards:
- £2000 Welcome Payment (Half on Appointment, Half after 6 months service)
- £3000 Retention Payment (After 2 years’ service)
- Performance related pay scheme – Max of 2.5% per year
- Occupational Sick Pay
- HCPC Registration paid for
- Car Allowances, Childcare Vouchers, Shopping & Travel Discounts, 30% tax off Tech Products
- 31 days Annual Leave (+ Bank Holidays)
- Final Salary Pension
Outer London Rate is from £30,591 to £35,991 per year
Inner London Rate is from £32,004 to £37,650 per year
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Care Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact us on 0808 178 4445.