Qualified Social Worker | Early Intervention Team | Clacton
Permanent – £30k - £41k per year
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Social Worker to work within an Early Interventions team based within Clacton.
The role of the Family Worker (Early Intervention) is to provide a mixture of individual and group interventions with parents, carers, children and young people with additional needs up to the thresholds for social care involvement to improve outcomes for children and families. They will be required to work in partnership with parents to strengthen parental capacity and family relationships and to increase parental engagement in their local community and in their children’s education.
Some of the functions undertaken by the team are:
- Engaging with families and developing and maintaining a supportive and empowering relationship founded on mutual respect, trust and the strengths of families
- To maintain a caseload of families, providing individual support and group interventions as part of the family action plan.
- To work in partnership with parents to encourage independence and self-reliance and to help them to develop a consistent and positive approach to parenting aimed at addressing behaviours and overcoming challenges.
- To promote and facilitate parental understanding of a child’s needs
- Use persistent and proactive interventions when working with parents to enable positive changes in their lives
- To work directly with children developing positive relationships and providing appropriate support to address a range of needs including disruptive and challenging behaviour.
- To support parents to provide an appropriate environment in which children and young people feel safe and which encourages the development of their self-esteem and resilience.
What you will need:
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- English and Maths GSCE at grade A-C or equivalent.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176.