Qualified Social Worker | Occupational Therapist | Vale of Glamorgan, Wales
Contract – £28 - £30 per hour
What you will do:
- To provide a high standard Occupational Therapy service to children aged 0-19 referred to the Bromleys Children's Occupational Therapy Department.
- To contribute to planning, co-ordinating, delivering and evaluating the Social Care Occupational Therapy Service provided to children and in the community on a day-to-day basis.
- To provide functional assessment of children with special needs and disabilities and deliver individualised intervention aimed at maximising function.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- To supervise Occupational Therapy support staff and to assist in the supervision and training of students allocated to the team.
- To be responsible for a defined caseload, working autonomously with access to supervision. Access to advice and support from colleagues is available as required.
- To provide occupational therapy services in accordance with statutory requirements and current health and social care key agendas to support children and their families to live as independently and safely within their communities.
- This will entail working closely with children and young people, their carer's/families and other professionals in order compile comprehensive assessments and plan appropriate services for those who have complex disability and medical needs as well as physical/sensory or learning disabilities.
Principal Accountabilities/Key Tasks:
- Assess and evaluate physical, psychological and environmental factors which reduce a person's ability to participate in everyday living activities.
- Enable individuals to maximise their potential in order to achieve a more meaningful lifestyle by means of adaptive techniques, re-ablement, assistive technology, home adaptations etc.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams within a case management framework to identify appropriate interventions or services to meet assessed needs. Liaise with other statutory, private and third sector services.
- Manage and prioritise own caseload. Record documentations appropriately and in a timely manner in accordance with RCOT/HPC standards and also to the agreed departmental protocols.
- Assess, demonstrate, evaluate and monitor use of specialist equipment for children with more complex needs.
- Assess and monitor progress for home adaptations and liaise with appropriate housing agencies.
- Undertake ergonomic risk assessment under Manual Handling Operations Regulations, compile appropriate safe handling plans and take appropriate action so as to protect the service user and carer's safety and well-being.
- To take responsible for own continuous professional development in accordance with the requirements of the HPC/RCOT.
- Provide professional input into developmental strategies as appropriate and contribute towards the development and promotion of new services.
What you will need:
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Luke Mathurin on 0208 514 9134.