Qualified Social Worker | Permanency Team | Gloucester
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Qualified Social Worker to work within Gloucester. The successful individual will be required to have recent managerial experience of working within fostering services, adoption services, care planning, related permanency services, current social care issues, associated statutory and legislative frameworks.
Our CiC teams are working with young people who are already in care as we work to improve their outcomes and plan for their futures through pathway planning.
The successful Social Worker will have:
- Significant experience giving you the resilience to succeed within a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment while managing conflicting priorities.
- The ability to proactively lead and deliver cultural change to improve quality of service is important too, as are excellent influencing skills.
- Adept at collaborating effectively with internal and external partners and stakeholders, you are also comfortable leading, managing and motivating a team of senior and middle managers.
- As the operational and strategic lead this role comes with significant budget responsibility (approx. £30m) and will test your knowledge of fostering and adoption services, social work practice and the national landscape.
- You will also be responsible for the development and delivery of a permanency, placement and sufficiency strategy and associated services, this is a rare chance to put your social care expertise to excellent use in a role with a truly broad remit. As well as providing strategic leadership across the full spectrum of our services, you will work locally, regionally and nationally as you collaborate with other local authorities, placement providers and commissioning groups.
- You will be accountable for the development and delivery of a high quality countywide fostering, adoption and Special Guardianship service offer that meets the outcomes defined by the Leadership team and national indicators and standards and be responsible for leading the Placement function, identifying suitable placements across the private and voluntary sector.
- You will lead on the delivery of the Sufficiency Strategy alongside commissioners, ensuring that the right placements are available at the right time for children and young people in and leaving care now and into the future. As such you will play a pivotal role in permanency planning.
To apply for this you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Relevant Experience in Managing, development and the delivery of Social Care services
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Experience with budget responsibility
Salary is up to £35 per hour (+ £100 per week towards accommodation)
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare Professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Elliot Murphy on 0208 514 9151.