Quantity Surveyor - Manchester
|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor - Manchester|
|Salary:||£38k per year|
|Contact Name:||Ben Smith|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
My client is seeking an experienced quantity surveyor who will responsible for managing all costs relating to building engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures, in order to minimise costs and enhance value for money, while ensuring the required standards and quality are maintained.
Standard workdays will be Monday to Friday.
Standard work hours will be 8am till 5pm.
Area: Manchester M41
Salary: Up to £38,000.
Duties include but are not limited:
- To provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of projects in accordance with the client’s procedures.
- To prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- To eliminate commercial risks in tenders during contract negotiations.
- To liaise with clients’ surveyors on financial matters in order to provide an accurate forecast of final accounts.
- To maintain sub-contractor accounts including vetting/letting in line with better buying targets and advising the project team with up to date financial information.
- To aid and advice to the commercial team on all contractual, financial and commercial activities on specified projects.
- To ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation.
- To liaise with clients on the production and agreement of account details and securing final payment without undue penalty.
- To maintain sub-contractor control ensuring close administration of accounts and reporting to the Commercial team on all significant debtors.
- To maintain costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- To review the sales ledger, ensure accurate posting of the transactions.
- Educated to HND or Degree level in quantity or building surveying or a construction-related subject
- Demonstrable commercial experience.
- Mechanical & Electrical quantity surveying experience in a building services background.
- Good negotiator with a keen eye for detail
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- IT Literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to demonstrate successful relationship building between company, clients and subcontractors in engineering construction industry.
- Willingness to travel UK wide as and when required
- Customer facing
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4 Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If interested, please contact Jordan Mascall on 0208 514 9145 or JordanM@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available