Registered General Nurse
|Job Title:||Registered General Nurse|
|Salary:||£20 - 34 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Registered General Nurse
LOCATION: South West
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. Adhoc shifts (Days or/and Nights)
PAY: from £23 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Registered General Nurseto work within the below hospitals.
The hospitals within the South West:
Weston General Hospital
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS
North Bristol NHS Trust
University Hospitals Bristol NHS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan the delivery of patient care and take responsibility for implementing and evaluating that care, using an appropriate nursing model.
- To provide advice and education to patients, staff and learners within the directorate as
- required. To develop communication networks across specialities and throughout the multidisciplinary team.
- Be able to prioritise their own workload and of those working with them such as learners and Healthcare Assistants. When in charge of the ward know how to delegate what staff to what duties and ensure the smooth running of the ward.
- Know how to impart news of a distressing nature to patients and relatives. This will include passing on news of a patient’s death or helping a patient/relative understand a diagnosis such as cancer.
- Carry out nursing care to the highest possible standard according to Trust Policies and
- Practice and Clinical Guidelines. This requires a thorough understanding of policies and guidance related to for example: infection control, hygiene and individualised patient needs.
- To administer patient medication according to Trust Policy, this includes the administration of intravenous medication.
- Identify, plan and deliver individualised nursing care
- Carry out necessary risk assessments
- Work as a member of the multidisciplinary team and as a key nurse
- Take charge of the unit in the absence of a more senior member of staff
- Provide support and leadership to junior members of the team
- Act as a mentor to student nurses and newly appointed staff
- Facilitate communication between the Care, Education and Medical Directorates, the students and their families
- Provide activity data from which information can be used to further develop the nursing role
- Participate in audit/research carried out to enhance the standard of care and the development of the nursing role
- Undertake professional development as identified through appraisal
- Valid NMC pin
- Current DBS
- Experience working within Hospitals
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies, please contact our Team on 0208 514 9147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's