Rehousing Support Workers
|Job Title:||Rehousing Support Workers|
|Salary:||£12 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Rehousing Support Workers
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Monday to Friday
PAY RATE: from £12.00 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Rehousing Support Workers to provide support to vulnerable client groups based in Hull.
The Rehousing Support Worker role will involve::
- The delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients of Riverside’s supported scheme, Pembroke Road.
- Ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence.
- To be part of a staff team that is committed to ‘best practice’ in the social housing field.
- Maintain a high level of specialised knowledge surrounding the specialism/s and client groups with the service.
- Working with Rationalisation and Growth and Care and Support to ensure clients with specialist support needs are supported to the highest relevant standards and approaches.
- Supporting colleagues to understand the latest developments in the field.
- Supporting individuals in finding a new home through Homechoice or accredited landlords.
- Supporting individuals to arrange moving to their new home.
- Working with Rationalisation and Growth to ensure clients successfully claim their homeless and disturbance payments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing for their move.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
- Undertaking assessments of the clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for rehousing are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to live as independently as possible.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
- Maintaining an accurate and timely record of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in placing bids through Homechoice, liaising with council accredited landlords, accompanying clients on viewings of potential new homes, the completion of tenancy agreements, welfare benefit claims, claiming homeless and disturbance payments and preparing the clients to move to their new home.
- Promoting client engagement in rehousing by coordinating and facilitating housing opportunities for clients within the project.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- Experience in rehousing vulnerable clients.
- IT skills to include basic proficiency in Word, Excel as well as willingness to learn specific IT systems used within care & support.
- Enhanced DBS
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's