Rent Accounts Officer - London
|Job Title:||Rent Accounts Officer - London|
|Salary:||£17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Rent Accounts Officer – London (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £17.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To manage and control the entire debit/credit control function of the Rent Accounting system, in accordance with the Council’s audit and accounting practices.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a full-time Rent Accounts Officer to assist in managing accounts for Homes for Haringey.
The work within the team is very varied and you will need the ability to be able to time manage your area of work. You will also need to be consistent and precise as you will have the responsibility of managing accounts and also using the DD process which affects residents bank/building accounts. You will be part of a small team but our role within the business is critical so you need to be motivated and have a good work ethic.
- To be responsible for the updating of the OHMS system in respect of originations, lettings, voiding, Tenancy Amendments, deletions, changes to debit, credit/debit transfers, creating new properties and any other amendments in that area.
- To be responsible for setting up Introductory Tenancies and updating OHMS when Secure Tenancy is given.
- Obtaining TA’s from managing agents and other landlords so that we have records of all relevant paperwork relating to a tenancy or other occupancy.
- Manage and control the debit control function in respect of the Temp Accommodation properties, liaise with Housing Associations and the Housing Supply Group on the acquisitions of such properties for homeless clients. Obtain rental charges for all properties as well as Rateable Values, assess Water Rates and apply to accounts.
- Obtaining info from external agencies and new charge payers and tenants to enable accounts to be set up correctly and accurately and to ensure the records are complete
- Provide advice to Tenancy Management Officers, Income Collection Officers, Neighbourhood Housing Managers, Housing Managers, Benefits, Councillors, Board members and other internal and external agencies on matters of good practice and procedure as regards the rent accounting function.
- Ensure the efficiency and probity of all submissions to the database liaising with, and advising any anomalies to other Homes for Haringey services e.g. area offices and external agencies where necessary.
- Process, monitor and keep some manual records for all originations and lettings for properties plus Garages. Scan all documents for voiding, deletions, for properties and garages to the system.
- Upon notification from Legal, set up and apply Court Cost to accounts sending a notification letter plus vouchers.
- On a monthly basis identify Top Tenant Award winners. Carry out checks within Income Collection & Tenancy Management to enable payment to be awarded, prepare payment requests for Central Payments.
- Input Data with regards to Needs within OHMS/CRM also complete spreadsheet for HIT which includes secure details and send on a monthly basis.
- On a daily basis check all new Allpay cards and replacement cards via Crystal complete any amendments necessary then export from Crystal to the Allpay Web Site by 3.30pm on a daily basis. Supply Rent Vouchers for unauthorised accounts plus Court Cost accounts.
- Liaise with Allocation Officers with regard to letting agreements to ensure that all necessary information is correctly entered on the system so that Rent Officers can update Needs to produce accounts. Liaise with Homes for Haringey NTL Officers & TMO to ensure that all Void Management functions are completed accurately and in a timely way.
- Calculate and process all adjustments to the weekly debit – e.g. changes to rent, water charges, heating charges, garage charges, and rent free allowances, other personal charges in line with Supported People and property charges. To give due notification to tenants and other agencies as necessary.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Share this Job
Infrastructure Planning Officer - London
Salary: £35 per hour
Restorative Justice /Victim Officer - South london
Salary: £20 per hour
Accounts Receivable - Kingston
Salary: £13.87 - 13.87 per hour
Accounts Payable Administrator - Chichester
Salary: £11.77 - 12.42 per hour
Legal Officer - Bury
Salary: £25 per hour