Residential Care Manager
|Job Title:||Residential Care Manager|
|Salary:||£20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||24 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Residential Care Manager
PLACEMENT: from 16th November 2020. 5 days a week
PAY RATE: from £20 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking for an experienced Residential Care Manager to manage a specialist Childrens Home to ensure that aspirational outcomes for children and young people are evidenced in all aspects of the work undertaken by the residential care team, and ensure that the care provided meets the physical, emotional and safety needs of the children and young people living in the home.
The client is seeking a candidate with a strong track record, and good OFSTED status at previous homes they’ve managed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure the home complies with all Ofsted requirements to ensure safe operation and evidence the delivery of high quality care at all times for all children and young people living in the home
- To ensure all staff only follow the management intervention strategies within the departments positive responses to the Management of actual and potential aggression (MAPA) policies within a therapeutic environment
- Responsible for the monitoring of a budget including inputting information for monthly monitoring reports’
- Responsible for the supervision, support , development and retention of a staff team
- To resolve any service delivery issues within available resources.
- To improve the performance of staff under his/her line management by maintaining communication with staff and providing the appropriate support and guidance.
- To deploy and manage assigned budgets and to take corrective action where appropriate in liaison with the Group Manager.
- To inform the Service Manager of any changes in the operational environment including customer satisfaction issues.
- Undertake responsibilities of the Registered Manager according to the Childrens Homes Regulations 2015; The Dfe Quality Standards, the Care Standards Act 2000 and other legislation as necessary.
- Ensure appropriate care plans and risk assessments are in place to ensure the safety and protection of children and young people at all times
- To ensure that care is provided within an environment that positively integrates race, gender, learning disabilities and sexual orientation meeting individuals needs
- To provide effective leadership which supports, develops, motivates and inspires the staff team to ensure young people’s wishes and feelings are heard, respected and used to inform all aspects of their individual care planning needs.
- Promote a restorative culture with staff that addresses the needs of children and young people
- To provide managerial cover to other residential homes for prescribed periods of time as necessary and required
- To ensure there is an on call rota for managers and to participate as and when required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the service area , of at which 2 years is in a managerial position
- Experience of planning and organising team work or co-ordinating complex activities
- Experience of working with and managing complex and challenging behaviours.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Knowledge and understanding of the main issues affecting the service area.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations and quality standards in relation to Residential Children’s homes
- Current DBS
Knowledge of the principles and practice of:
- budget management (where budgetary responsibility is devolved to the team manager)
- Contextual safeguarding including , child sexual exploitation, child criminal exploitation, neglect, abuse , self-harming behaviours ,substance misuse , bullying and radicalisation
- Managing and supporting children and young people who go missing from home, care or education
- Understanding the impact of trauma for children and young people unable to live at home
- The post holder will be qualified holding either: CSS, CQSW, Dip SW, or QCF level 5 Diploma in leadership and management for Residential Childcare. For qualified social workers, you must achieve the level 5 Diploma within 3 years of the date started employment
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's