Residential Care Worker
|Job Title:||Residential Care Worker|
|Salary:||£12.00 - 14.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
JOB TITLE: Residential Care Worker
LOCATION: Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent. 37 hours a week.
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing.
PAY RATE: PAYE from £12 per hour & Umbrella from £14.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Residential Care Worker to support a registered children home work alongside a mother and new born baby for a short period of time to enable post stabilisation and safeguarding monitoring within the home and to provide advice and guidance around care for a new born baby. The home offers care and accommodation to young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties (EBD).
The role holder will need to be flexible to the needs of the service by facilitating a rolling rota, which includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays. They will also be required to sleep in when required and rostered to do so.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To ensure that safeguarding policies and protocols are implemented and followed
- You should have a practical understanding of the needs and behaviour of children and be able to create a warm, caring and relaxed atmosphere. Ensure the safety and wellbeing of children
- Be prepared to attend any such training as is required to meet the demands of the setting.
- You should attend staff meetings, where possible, appraisals,
- In the event of an injury to a child or member of staff ensure that the event is recorded on an accident form; treatment is carried out as needed by a First Aider.
- You are to be fully conversant with the fire procedures of the home and to ensure the safe and timely evacuation of children in the event of a fire etc.
- You are encouraged to closely liaise with professionals - update them with the progress of the child and mother
- You should be aware of confidentiality regarding children’s needs, or incidents, which occur within
- the setting and follow all policies of the setting.
- You are to ensure the completion of all jobs required of you before the end of each session. From time to time you may be required to carry out duties that may not be outlined in this job description.
- Experience of working with vulnerable children & young adults
- Be able to work as part of a professional Childcare team
- Ability to communicate confidently with a wide range of people
- To be able to feed back information in the form of written reports
- Demonstrate creative ability
- To be able to understand and meet the needs of individual children
- Encourage children to respect others
- A clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Understand the need to provide a stimulating, caring and consistent environment for young children
- An understanding of children's needs and behaviour
- The ability to set appropriate limits for children
- To help children respect people of different race, ability, gender, religion and culture
- Willing to develop imaginative ideas
- To be flexible with regard to working hours
- To engender trust in the children and colleagues
- The ability to form caring and trusting relationship
- The ability to behave consistently in a caring and relaxed manner with the children
- Enhanced DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Residential Support Worker
Salary: £13.00 - 15.50 per hour
Salary: £11.24 - 11.24 per hour
Senior Support worker
Salary: £11.74 - 11.74 per hour
Education, Health Care Plan Caseworker
Salary: £150 per day
Substance Misuse Worker (Young Persons)
Salary: £14 - 18 per hour