Residential Care Worker (Adults with learning disabilities)
|Job Title:||Residential Care Worker (Adults with learning disabilities)|
|Salary:||£14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Residential Care Worker (Adults with learning disabilities)
LOCATION: Islington, London
PLACEMENT: from 25/01/2021
PAY RATE: from £14 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Residential Care Worker for our client based in Islington, London.
The post holder will be required to provide, as part of a team, 24-hour support to adults with learning disabilities, ASD and behaviours that challenge. The post involves providing support with all aspects of daily living.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Offer personal care to residents in a respectful, dignified, and non-judgmental manner using appropriate manual handling techniques and equipment if required and participate in training relevant to this.
- Run shifts to ensure residents are supported to be engaged in in meaningful and developmental activities through delivering a structured programme. accessing and participating in community-based activities such as Adult education classes, social events, sports groups etc
- Participating in the care and development of programmes, promoting the health, welfare and comfort of each client and working with the staff group to provide a consistent, stimulating and caring environment.
- Appreciate, understand and have knowledge of different ethnic needs, and ensure that they are met and encourage clients similarly.
- Undertaking supervised key worker duties with clients, family and other workers as appropriate. Participate in the development, monitoring and updating of Individual Plans for key residents.
- Performing administrative/clerical duties as required which includes the safe handling and recording of money.
- To take appropriate action to safeguard vulnerable adults in line with current legislation and best practice guidance.
- To use and assist others to use information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To achieve service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed with your line manager.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- · Some experience in a paid or unpaid capacity working directly with adults with learning disabilities.
- · NVQ3 in Social Care or QCF level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent required for qualified post.
- · Experience of working with people from different racial backgrounds and cultures
- Ability and knowledge to help promote the independence of service users and ensure needs relating to their physical, emotional, intellectual and social wellbeing are met.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of safeguarding and a proven ability to promote the safeguarding of vulnerable adults in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Ability to develop, plan and implement individual and group programmes/activities for clients enabling them to develop their skills and access community resources
- Ability to read and understand instructions relating to administration of medication.
- This post requires Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration.
- · Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Residential Care Workers
Salary: £13.00 - 15.50 per hour
Enablement Support Worker
Salary: £12.33 - 12.33 per hour
Supervised Contact & Intervention Worker
Salary: £12.33 - 12.33 per hour
Education Health and Care (EHC) Plan Writer (Grade 7)
Salary: £12.00 - 15.50 per hour