Residential Care Worker - Hammersmith
|Job Title:||Residential Care Worker - Hammersmith|
|Salary:||£16 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||25 days ago|
Residential Care Worker – Hammersmith
Salary: £16ph – Umbrella
Full-Time (37 hours)
To contribute to the provision of respite social work to children and young people with learning and or physical disabilities. To provide a consistent caring and stable environment for young people. To work as a member of a staff team towards agreed aims and objectives.
- To provide a level of care that meets the requirements of inspection standards, and appropriate legislation.
- To ensure that high standards of care are maintained within the Home giving particular consideration to health, education, personal relationships, and cultural and religious needs.
- To recognise young people’s behaviour within the context of their life experience and develop appropriate strategies for managing this.
- To provide a safe environment for young people by setting clear, consistent and reasonable boundaries.
- To contribute to creating a positive living experience for young people.
- To undertake individual and group work as necessary.
- To write reports necessary for review assessments and other meetings.
- Maintain case files and official records in accordance with departmental and divisional policies.
- To undertake keywork responsibility as determined by the Manager/Supervisor.
- To work with families ands carers in consultation with other professionals and in accordance with the young person’s care plan.
- To work in partnership with relevant agencies, in particular the Disabled Children’s Team.
- To develop contacts within the community, and to assist young people with educational and leisure activities.
- To participate in the department’s supervision, training and appraisal systems.
- To attend all case conferences, reviews and staff meetings as required by the Manager, and to fully participate as a member of the staff team.
- To undertake sleeping-in duties as part of working on a rota.
- To undertake other duties, consistent with the basic objectives and/or duties of the post.
- To act at all times in accordance with council and departmental policy
- To participate in training as identified to meet the needs of this specific client group. To provide personal care where appropriate and to work in accordance with the borough’s moving and handling guidelines.
- To exercise responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act as laid down or as may be amended from time to time by divisional procedures.
- To undertake all duties within the framework of the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, ensuring that all necessary elements are implemented into work duties.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's