Residential Support Worker
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker|
|Salary:||£13.00 - 15.58 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
JOB TITLE: Residential Support Worker
LOCATION: Cumnock, Ayrshire
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 32 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £13 per hour & Umbrella from £15.58 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Residential Support Workers to provide services to our client who has a short breaks and residential service based in Cumnock, Ayrshire.
The service offers an opportunity for disabled children and young people to have fun, gain independence, learn and develop while families get to take a much needed break.
The client requires candidates who are passionate about and committed to working with disabled children and young people who have challenging emotional and social difficulties.
As a Residential Worker you'll help the team provide a safe, stimulating, fun and caring environment, supporting the children with household tasks and all aspects of their care.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the staff and team to deliver a quality service to young people with additional support needs.
- Lead and work on shifts with accountability for service delivery, assessing and managing risks, deploying staff and resources accordingly while on the shift and to maintain personalised high quality care.
- Support children and young people with their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with the services policies and procedures.
- Support children and young people with preparing and cooking meals, organising and preparing activities and outings
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of care plans and risk assessments.
- Ensuring safeguarding practices are in place.
- Planning and executing activities for service users to promote a healthy and positive lifestyle.
- Take a lead with case/care planning management for individual children or young people, undertaking assessment of need, developing a care plan and identifying agreed outcomes and carrying out regular review in conjunction with children, young people and their families and other professionals.
- Build and maintain professional positive working relationships by providing emotional and social support to children and young people who can display challenging emotional and social difficulties.
- Work within the community to assist the child / young person and their family, promoting communication and participation by ensuring that the views and needs of children/ young people are articulated, heard and responded to.
- Ensure all records, paper and electronic, are maintained and duly uploaded into the appropriate database.
- Undertake assessment of children and young people co-ordinating multi agency and family information, analysing and producing reports; attendance at professional meetings including reviews, court work etc.
- Refer appropriate cases and issues that require the involvement of a specialist, other management support or to directly provide the specialist support.
- Must possess level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent to be achieved within 2 years of taking up the post
- Working in a care setting and developing positive relationships through trust.
- Writing clear and concise notes and providing updates to colleagues and senior colleagues.
- Willingness to continue to develop through on the job training or attendance at external or online courses.
- Demonstrating a solution focused approach to address problems and doing this individually and in a team setting.
- Ability to utilise a range of techniques to communicate with service users and their families.
- Demonstrable emotional resilience to respond to the challenging nature of the role.
- Demonstrable administrative skills
- Proven ability to organise, plan and deliver on agreed work targets and expectations.
- Enhanced Scottish DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available