Residential Support Worker - young people
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker - young people|
|Salary:||£11 - 14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking Residential Support Workers to provide services to our client who has a short breaks service based in Northolt
The short breaks service is a 6 bedded service providing short breaks to children and their families aged 8 to 18 years of age. The service supports children and young people who have various disabilities and complex needs. The aim is to ensure they provide a fun and welcoming environment.
As a Residential Support Worker you'll help the team provide a safe, stimulating, fun and caring environment, supporting the children with household tasks and all aspects of their care.
- Work as a team and individually to provide a flexible responsive, high quality and person centred care to children young people and their families based on an assessment of need and to access to a range of stimulating and safe activities and experiences within and external to the home.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with children young people and their families by providing emotional, social and practical support to young people who can display challenging emotional and social difficulties
- Establish relationships and links within the community to assist the child, young person and their family.
- Support children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Ensure that the views and needs of children/young people are heard and responded to by promoting communication and participation
- Undertake routine household tasks e.g. cooking washing shopping and/or supporting young people to undertake these tasks to enable the smooth running of the home and to promote independence.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of care plans and input to service planning meetings where required and attend meetings as directed, reporting issues raised to line management.
- Refer issues as appropriate that requires specialist or management support.
- Record observations and maintain up to date files (paper and electronic), utilising agreed systems and procedures; undertake administrative processes as necessary to maintain systems, procedures and office practices
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience of working with children and young people with disabilities
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent to be achieved within 2 years of taking up the post Experience and training
- Ability to utilise a range of techniques to communicate with service users and their families.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A flexible approach to working hours (service open seven days a week).
- Enhanced DBS check
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Homeless Night Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.60 per hour
Housing Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.20 per hour
Independent Living Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.20 per hour
Floating Support Worker
Salary: £10.00 - 12.89 per hour
Homeless Support Worker
Salary: £10.00 - 14.20 per hour